View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2023, 05:55 PM   #13
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Championship Games

I'm fine with option 6, but then I was on the short side going into the game and needed a big game from Allen, which he was perfectly capable of, especially under the bright lights of Prime Time, and has done 3 other times this past season.

I'd say the Split title idea depends on Rick in Frenzy, he had the lead and the odds were on his side. If I were in his shoes, these days I'd 100% back the split title idea. A decade ago when I was ridiculously competitive, I probably wouldn't have.

I'm concerned about relying on week 18 as there is a real possibility the Bills might sit Allen if KC wins on Saturday and they have little to play for on Sunday.

Curious to see if the idea Hasselbeck put out there gains traction where Cincy and the Bills are given a tie (which clinches the division for the Bengals and gives them nothing to play for on Sunday), and the team that wins the 1 seed based on winning percentage gets the choice of the bye or home field advantage throughout the playoffs, and whomever is seeded 2 gets the leftovers. That may be the most fair option being thrown out there.

Last edited by Preds; January 5th, 2023 at 06:40 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote