View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2021, 11:04 AM   #8
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scarlet Letter C hangs over Preds HQ

Want proof of the high effectiveness of the Moderna vaccine? Not just against casual exposure, but exposure to high viral loads over 12 days?

I have 3 Covid positive family members in the same household, and we've traced the start of it to about 10 days ago based on our son's first symptoms and discussions with county DOH workers. I was exposed to Covid in my house for 5 days before we first tested Jake and learned he was positive (tested a week ago Saturday, his first symptoms were Thursday apparently (which he didn't tell us about), which means he was likely shedding the virus starting Tuesday. At that point, I basically took the stance that since the virus had been in the household for days, and we have forced air HVAC which has been circulating Covid particles throughout the house, that I was either going to contract it myself, or the vaccine was going to protect me.

As such, I didn't bother to separate myself from my wife, who started showing symptoms on day 6 (and later tested positive on day 9). We all wore KN-95 masks the first few days, and they still wear cloth masks, but I've slept maskless in the same room, and same bed as my wife, and still have no symptoms, and have again tested negative on day 11 (also tested negative on day 6). Today is day 12 since Covid likely entered our household, I'm still symptom free.

Get the vaccines as soon as you’re able. They’re our ticket out of this pandemic!

Last edited by Preds; March 6th, 2021 at 11:07 AM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote