Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 18th, 2022, 10:06 AM   #1
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Lighbulb Failing to submit lineup

We had a couple times this season where the owner failed to submit a lineup. I think the current penalty of loss of points and CB's is not incentive enough to make sure to submit a lineup, especially when a team is out of playoff contention towards end of season.

I would suggest loss of draft pick as a penalty that is more incentive to remain active.

Also, while it creates more work for me, I would also suggest the Commish has authority to adjust said teams lineup, if not submitted for the week by Saturday, 6pm EST, using MFL's projected points as a guide...simply set lineup based on highest projected points. The owner can still adjust before game time this way, and also allows for valid lineup.

Thoughts?
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2022, 01:46 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Failing to submit lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher View Post
We had a couple times this season where the owner failed to submit a lineup. I think the current penalty of loss of points and CB's is not incentive enough to make sure to submit a lineup, especially when a team is out of playoff contention towards end of season.

I would suggest loss of draft pick as a penalty that is more incentive to remain active.

Also, while it creates more work for me, I would also suggest the Commish has authority to adjust said teams lineup, if not submitted for the week by Saturday, 6pm EST, using MFL's projected points as a guide...simply set lineup based on highest projected points. The owner can still adjust before game time this way, and also allows for valid lineup.

Thoughts?
I don't mind either suggestion, and like that the Commish can try to adjust the lineup for competitive balance, however, if the Commish adjusts a lineup penalties should apply for each infraction IMO. Draft picks should start with a 4th for 1st infraction, a 3rd for 2nd infraction, a 2nd for 3rd infraction, and a 1st for a 4th infraction (or something along those lines). The only negative to draft pick penalties is if a owner drops out before the next season, don't think we'd want to handicap a new owner for a previous owner's lack of participation.

This would be good for Frenzy to adopt as well.

Last edited by Preds; January 18th, 2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2022, 03:03 PM   #3
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
I don't mind either suggestion, and like that the Commish can try to adjust the lineup for competitive balance, however, if the Commish adjusts a lineup penalties should apply for each infraction IMO. Draft picks should start with a 4th for 1st infraction, a 3rd for 2nd infraction, a 2nd for 3rd infraction, and a 1st for a 4th infraction (or something along those lines). The only negative to draft pick penalties is if a owner drops out before the next season, don't think we'd want to handicap a new owner for a previous owner's lack of participation.

This would be good for Frenzy to adopt as well.
Agreed with all points
And no ones got the time

OUT---

Last edited by Preds; January 18th, 2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: my own spelling
Old January 18th, 2022, 10:38 PM   #4
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road

Seems fair.

Rick
Cell/Text: 719-237-0354
wchmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2022, 03:57 AM   #5
Shiners
SAC'D

Shiners is on a distinguished road

yep, i'm good with it.
Shiners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2022, 11:33 AM   #6
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

emerald is on a distinguished road

Too harsh for 1st offense.
Old January 19th, 2022, 11:56 AM   #7
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post
Too harsh for 1st offense.
How about sliding penalty schedule based on when in the year it happens?

Games 1-8 - 5th pick for 1st offense, 3rd pick for 2nd offense, 1st for 3rd offense
Games 9-14 - 3rd for 1st offense, 2nd for 2nd offense, 1st for 3rd offense

I mean if we've gotten to 3rd offense, maybe time to find another hobby?

If someone is having a rough week and cannot get to their laptop to set their lineup, they can always text me to set it for them. I believe Mike and Dale also have Commish privs here, and am sure they would be willing to help someone out in a pinch.
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old January 20th, 2022, 12:44 PM   #8
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Maybe have a "teams have 48 hours after failing to submit their FIRST offense to communicate with the commish as to WHY they were unable to post a lineup, or even communicate with the commish... at which time the commish can determine if a one-time-only waiver can be granted."

(I know... WAY TOO WORDY... but it allows for extenuating circumstances in case something crazy happened for that owner that week.)

NOTE: This is only for the first offense.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 01:06 PM   #9
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Hawaiian Opihi View Post
Maybe have a "teams have 48 hours after failing to submit their FIRST offense to communicate with the commish as to WHY they were unable to post a lineup, or even communicate with the commish... at which time the commish can determine if a one-time-only waiver can be granted."

(I know... WAY TOO WORDY... but it allows for extenuating circumstances in case something crazy happened for that owner that week.)

NOTE: This is only for the first offense.
I like the concept, but maybe too much to put on the Commish? Maybe no penalty for first offense?

The main thing is to allow commish to adjust the teams lineup to at least put up a competitive game, especially towards the end of the season, when pick slotting is coming into play.
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old January 20th, 2022, 01:47 PM   #10
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Agreed
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 04:29 PM   #11
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

I like no penalty for first offense. Heavier 2nd offense - loss of 1st/2nd round draft pick. Third offense in a season is strike 3 to me and should call for removal of owner.

As far as commish setting lineup, the Saturday, 6pm EST deadline sounds good. I'd recommend keeping same lineup from previous week and only replace bye week and Questionable/Doubtful/Out players. Even if owner agrees with lineup, he would need to submit it prior to 1st set of games on Sunday to avoid an offense for not submitting a lineup.

If owner is removed, begin search for new owner to take over. Each week we wait to find new owner, we could set up a thread for everyone except opponent to post the lineup they would submit. Commish can then use that determine lineup for week.

Just throwing a few more ideas out there.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2022, 09:13 PM   #12
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Swords View Post
I like no penalty for first offense. Heavier 2nd offense - loss of 1st/2nd round draft pick. Third offense in a season is strike 3 to me and should call for removal of owner.

As far as commish setting lineup, the Saturday, 6pm EST deadline sounds good. I'd recommend keeping same lineup from previous week and only replace bye week and Questionable/Doubtful/Out players. Even if owner agrees with lineup, he would need to submit it prior to 1st set of games on Sunday to avoid an offense for not submitting a lineup.

If owner is removed, begin search for new owner to take over. Each week we wait to find new owner, we could set up a thread for everyone except opponent to post the lineup they would submit. Commish can then use that determine lineup for week.

Just throwing a few more ideas out there.
I could get onboard with this idea as well.
Old January 20th, 2022, 09:27 PM   #13
Preds
*****istrator

I'd like to see a way to encourage teams to continue trying to improve their roster, even when they're out of it. Especially when teams trade stars away, but don't make any effort to remain as competitive as possible by utilizing UFA, waivers etc.

I had a terrible start in Frenzy in 2021 after suffering major injuries and several losses. Although I conducted a firesale, and traded away half my team, I never gave up trying to win each week and remained active in picking up UFA's, making trades, etc. so my Preds would be as competitive as possible, despite the injury and trade depleted lineup. In the end I won some unexpected games, and my draft position suffered, but some of those late season UFA moves became beneficial to me in my run to the # 1 seed and the Frenzy Bowl this past season (until Pat did his Championship thing and knocked us out)! Despite tearing my team down with trades, I rebuildt on the fly and made teams earn their W's against my Preds. I also found some UFA, waiver and draft talent that unexpectedly had value that carried into the 2021 season.

How do we encourage teams to remain active and not sitting on stale, injury depleted rosters? I've noticed this has been a real issue by several teams over the years, and probably because they don't want to incur potential salary cap penalties and/or hurt their draft positioning by making moves. We should heavily discourage this type of inactivity, I just don't know how to do so.
Old January 20th, 2022, 09:32 PM   #14
pacificscrub
SAC'D

pacificscrub is on a distinguished road

I feel like the loss of a 1st/2nd for the second offense is a bit extreme, but I can live with it if the other owners want it. I just know that right now for me personally, every time I think this is about as bad as it can get, Fate says, "Hold my beer." (and that's with some good things mixed in, but you get the drift) I would hope that the owner facing a run of crappy luck in life will be able to deal with things or hand the team off after the first warning, but sometimes life interferes with our fun.
Old January 21st, 2022, 03:06 PM   #15
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificscrub View Post
I feel like the loss of a 1st/2nd for the second offense is a bit extreme, but I can live with it if the other owners want it. I just know that right now for me personally, every time I think this is about as bad as it can get, Fate says, "Hold my beer." (and that's with some good things mixed in, but you get the drift) I would hope that the owner facing a run of crappy luck in life will be able to deal with things or hand the team off after the first warning, but sometimes life interferes with our fun.
I agree Bryan, life can get in the way and will never take precedence over FF. Which is why even a text to me that you need help setting your lineup this week is all that is needed. Every owner in this league has my cell number I am sure, and I certainly do not mind helping out.
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old January 21st, 2022, 03:09 PM   #16
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
I'd like to see a way to encourage teams to continue trying to improve their roster, even when they're out of it. Especially when teams trade stars away, but don't make any effort to remain as competitive as possible by utilizing UFA, waivers etc.

I had a terrible start in Frenzy in 2021 after suffering major injuries and several losses. Although I conducted a firesale, and traded away half my team, I never gave up trying to win each week and remained active in picking up UFA's, making trades, etc. so my Preds would be as competitive as possible, despite the injury and trade depleted lineup. In the end I won some unexpected games, and my draft position suffered, but some of those late season UFA moves became beneficial to me in my run to the # 1 seed and the Frenzy Bowl this past season (until Pat did his Championship thing and knocked us out)! Despite tearing my team down with trades, I rebuildt on the fly and made teams earn their W's against my Preds. I also found some UFA, waiver and draft talent that unexpectedly had value that carried into the 2021 season.

How do we encourage teams to remain active and not sitting on stale, injury depleted rosters? I've noticed this has been a real issue by several teams over the years, and probably because they don't want to incur potential salary cap penalties and/or hurt their draft positioning by making moves. We should heavily discourage this type of inactivity, I just don't know how to do so.
I agree Mike, to what you are saying, including how to make it work. That is a tough one, to which I do not have any ideas.
And no ones got the time

OUT---