Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Restricted Free Agents (RFA) Declaration and Bidding
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old April 12th, 2002, 10:26 AM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Reminder RFA Bidding... PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING BIDS

With the opening of the RFA Bidding period just hours away, I thought it’d be pertinent to lay down some ground rules on how the bidding should occur, specifically on how to format bids and whatnot. Tracking bids will be much easier if everyone conforms to the formats below.

1. There is no need to enter your team name, since your user ID’s automatically will list your team name and helmet next to all posts. Further the server will timestamp all posts.

2. All Initial Bids must follow the same format for the Subject Line… that is

Position, Player’s Full name, NFL Team, Bid Amount

for example:
RB, Marshal Faulk, St Louis, 3,000

The body of the message for initial bids may be left blank, or you may add some commentary if you wish.

3. All subsequent bids must be within the same thread as the Initial bid. Please list your increased bid on the 1st line of the message. You may add commentary if you wish by skipping a line and then entering your message on the 3rd line.

continuing the Faulk example:

Can’t let Jake get him TOO cheap!

4. All player’s must have their OWN bidding thread.

DO NOT bid upon multiple players in 1 thread. Doing so will invalidate all bids after the initial player, further, the violating team will be prohibited upon bidding on involved players for 14 days.

5. All bids must start AT or ABOVE the tender amount.

6.Keep in mind the minimum bid increment amounts.

For bids from 100-999 the minimum bid increment is 5

For bids from 1000-1999 the minimum bid increment is 20

For bids from 2000 and up, the minimum bid increment is 50

7. Remember, RFA bidding is much different than UFA bidding. The tendering team will have the opportunity to match the winning bid, therefore don’t bid too low or you could be giving a guy away to the tendering team.

8. Players will be considered SOLD if a bid is not increased within 48 hours of the last bid.

9. The tendering team will have 72 hours from the timestamp of the winning bid to match the winning bid and retain the player at the winning bid price. The match must be posted in the same thread where all the bidding occurred.

10. Have fun!

Last edited by Preds; May 8th, 2020 at 11:23 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RFA Bidding... PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING BIDS

Quote:
8. Players will be considered SOLD if a bid is not increased within 48 hours of the last bid.
The 48 hours applies with no additional time for weekend correct? Ie bidding stops at 8 am this morning that players is then sold on Sunday morning.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Mutts
General Member

Mutts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
The 48 hours applies with no additional time for weekend correct? Ie bidding stops at 8 am this morning that players is then sold on Sunday morning.
That is my understanding.
Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:01 PM   #4
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Thanks. I guess that also means that for those players that have not bid on by midnight tonight they will stay with the tendering team at the tender price?
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM   #5
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
Thanks. I guess that also means that for those players that have not bid on by midnight tonight they will stay with the tendering team at the tender price?
No that is incorrect. The RFA period runs through April 30, and bidding can open on these players at any time. Once bidding opens, the player will sell after 48 hours pass with no further bids.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:10 PM   #6
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

When is the 72 hour weekend clock in effect? Is that for off season and in season free agency, or have we done away with that altogether?
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:13 PM   #7
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany Dodgers
When is the 72 hour weekend clock in effect? Is that for off season and in season free agency, or have we done away with that altogether?
If I recall, that is for the off-season UFA period which opens in mid-May
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:14 PM   #8
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds
No that is incorrect. The RFA period runs through April 30, and bidding can open on these players at any time. Once bidding opens, the player will sell after 48 hours pass with no further bids.
Another thing I was going to propose, but now it is probably too late is to address this. As some may recall, at the end of each of the last two RFA periods, there has been only player that no one wanted to bid on, and we had to discuss if someone would just open the bidding so the team can match and then we can move on. With the new structure, that really isn't an option. I was thinking we could institure a rule where if it has been 48 hours since the close of the last open bidding thread (starting at the match or decline of that RFA), and no other RFA has been opened up for bidding, then the RFA period will close. This will just speed things up, if there are a couple of RFAs no one wants to bid on (say someone threw out a guy just to get the compensation, so in all honesty he has no intention of matching, but no one else wants him at that level either), we can consider those guys closed and move on to the Rookie draft. Since we're already started, we can just see how things go I guess and look at this for next year.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM   #9
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany Dodgers
Another thing I was going to propose, but now it is probably too late is to address this. As some may recall, at the end of each of the last two RFA periods, there has been only player that no one wanted to bid on, and we had to discuss if someone would just open the bidding so the team can match and then we can move on. With the new structure, that really isn't an option. I was thinking we could institure a rule where if it has been 48 hours since the close of the last open bidding thread (starting at the match or decline of that RFA), and no other RFA has been opened up for bidding, then the RFA period will close. This will just speed things up, if there are a couple of RFAs no one wants to bid on (say someone threw out a guy just to get the compensation, so in all honesty he has no intention of matching, but no one else wants him at that level either), we can consider those guys closed and move on to the Rookie draft. Since we're already started, we can just see how things go I guess and look at this for next year.
A good idea, we can discuss that for next year. This year I say play it by ear, if the RFA bidding slows to a halt and players are left (which I think there may be a few) then we can poll the league tis year to see if anyone intends to bid on these players, and if not, then close the RFA period up.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM   #10
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
A good idea, we can discuss that for next year. This year I say play it by ear, if the RFA bidding slows to a halt and players are left (which I think there may be a few) then we can poll the league tis year to see if anyone intends to bid on these players, and if not, then close the RFA period up.
This makes sense to me as it seems like this could drag on for a while. Of course it is not like there is any other league business to attend to. Actually, I take that back it could have an impact on the draft order if players are not matched. Maybe, we should consider something like Brian said to ensure that everyone knows who has what picks and the order.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:44 PM   #11
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

I like the idea of a 48 hour "no bid" end to the RFA period... we could push it up to 72 hours, to account for people taking trips over long weekends. But I'm fine with the way we have it. I remember last year we were all itching to get the league moving, but it ended up fine with the time frame we've already established. It's not like we can push up the rookie draft or anything.

By the way, speaking of the rookie draft, there's a guy in my church who's got an outside chance to get drafted this year. His name is Joseph Siofele, and he's an ILB who played for the University of Arizona. He's been contacted by a couple of teams already (Raiders, Chargers & ???), but wasn't invited to the Combine... so he could very well be tendered a Free Agent offer at the end of the draft. Anyway, it's kinda cool to see how he's been doing (he was an all-state high school player in Hawaii, and was named the defensive MVP for UofA this past year). If he makes it, I could have an "inside source" in the fantasy world!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #12
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

bump... please read the RFA rules again (first post in this thread) before starting to bid at midnight tonight.
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:59 PM   #13
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

All you newbies, and fairly newbie....please read this and review for proper bidding criteria....
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 02:33 PM   #14
Preds
*****istrator

Burt, may not be a bad idea to give the new guys some RFA tips to.

for example, RFA is a completely different animal. If you truly want a player, the goal is to bid high enough so that the tendering team declines the match. Bidding the tender amount in most cases will result in an easy match.

Basically, whereas in UFA you want to bid as low as you can to win a guy, in RFA you bid much higher and generally overpay in order to make the match difficult on the tendering teams (like the Bills recently did in massively overpaying Charles Clay so Miami wouldn't or couldn't match).

Thus, IMO, don't start low with RFA's, bid much higher, maybe leave some wiggle room for your max if you expect competition for the bid, but otherwise don't pussyfoot around with low bids on RFA's as the tending team is much more likely to make an easy match and save CB's in the process.
Old April 14th, 2015, 02:44 AM   #15
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

chasmvp19 is on a distinguished road

Did we decide on what to do with illegal bids?? Last year this happened and no decision was made other than to pipe up and tell the guy the next offer was too low. Is the illegal bid considered an actual offer for the player and thus increased automatically to be at the correct level or is it simply no longer in effect because it was not high enough? Just checking in case a mistake occurs and no one speaks up. (The example would be a bid of over 1000 that was only an increase of 10 instead of the minimum 20...this would be illegal and the time expired on the player - who wins and at what price is owner to match/decline at?)
chasmvp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2015, 04:00 AM   #16
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

People make mistakes... So it should be pointed out. It's still not a legal bid until it's the proper amount. This is a friendly league. If you notice an illegal bud, please say so.
Old April 14th, 2015, 04:16 PM   #17
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

chasmvp19 is on a distinguished road

It goes against my competitive nature, but I understand and will comply...What I mean is that I am not as friendly to people/owners I am trying to crush...my team blows and I see I am at least a year away from even being competitive (frustrating)....I get it though...Thanks champ!
chasmvp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #18
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

lol... you don't HAVE to identify when there's been an illegal bid. It will just save future headaches! lol
Old April 14th, 2015, 05:07 PM   #19
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Chuck, its just like playing on the felt...you have no problem taking someone's chips, but do it in a friendly and engaging manner...your play FF the same way so no issues here...
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote