Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > General > PredsFF.com Portal News
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old June 8th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #1
Skippy the One Eyed Beagle

Default FF Forecaster - Beta Test

FF Forecaster

I have been working on a software tool to help create projections. I wrote this for several reasons. First of all creating projections is a pain in the butt and there isn't an easy way to do it. Editing a spreadsheet doesn't let you look at the data in a number of ways. Another reason I wrote it is because I get annoyed with people who create projections and the QB is projected to throw 2000 yds, but his WRs somehow end up with 4000 yds. Projections IMO need to be looked at one team at a time.

How to use the app/what it does:

Settings Tab:
- You can specify which columns you would like to show/hide
- I am thinking about adding IDP players and letting you choose to project for a team DT or IDP
- You can also export the apps to a number of formats. (Disabled in BETA and DEMO versions).

Team Tab
- You select the Team you want to edit/view and then on the tabs you can view the passing, rushing, kicking, or defense.
- By default it shows only the team members that have data entered for that tab. (i.e. for the Rushing tab it only shows players with Rushing yds by default). This can be changed by unchecking the checkbox at the bottom of the screen.
- On the passing tab, if you want to view the inconsistencies between the passing and receiving grids, check the box at the bottom of the screen that says Display Errors and it will color the columns red that are out of sync.

Position Tab
- This is a way to view or edit the data by position. This allows you to compare apples to apples and make changes.

I am looking for feedback on functionality that you would add or things to make it work better/easier.

I am also looking for an article or two to post on the site about creating projections. Maybe just what your thought process is, things you like to take into account. If you are really good at projecting kickers, you could write an article about that.

If you are interested in getting a BETA version of the app and playing around with it shoot me an email at betatest@FFForecaster.com

Noah DeRouchie
www.FFforecaster.com
Old June 8th, 2004, 03:29 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FF Forecaster - Beta Test

I've been testing FFForcaster with Skip, it's a very cool app... I'd encourage some of you to test it and provide Noah with different feedback to help him develop the best product he can.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote