User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 9th, 2004, 05:30 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Some sad news...

I've decided to let everyone in on a horrible experience I've been living the past 24 hours. I haven't been as quick to reply to posts or trade offers and whatnot and may not be able to write an article on the IFFL this week because of what's happened. For that I apologize.

Anyhow, yesterday at 2:20pm (ET) our office was notified by paramedics that the 3 1/2 month old baby (Arielle) of one of our nurses had been rushed to the hospital. Her mother (Heather) has been a nurse with our practice for 8 years and is like an extended family member. Heather had returned to work from family leave just a few weeks ago, and was working when the notification came.

Unfortunately, Arielle passed before she made it to the hospital after cardiac arrest caused by Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) while sleeping at the babysitters.

To make matters worse, Heather's husband was out of town on a job 3 hours away and the only people to comfort her in her time of grief were her sister-in-law, myself, and after an hour or so her father and brother-in-law. Her husband Chris didn't make it to the hospital for about 3 hours, after driving unaware of what exactly happened to his daughter aside from her being rushed to the ER.

I spent about 4 1/2 hours with the family at the hospital last night and have been kind of going crazy keeping my staff from falling apart at the seams since (we're a pretty close nit group of about 28).

Needless to say this is a crushing blow to Heather and her husband Chris. Arielle was their 1st child. She will be laid to rest on Monday.

I guess I'm just asking you all to keep the Pressing family in your prayers (if that's what you do). Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

I'm trying to use football as a diversion, and if I can find the time I will still try to write an article this week on the IFFL.

Mike

Last edited by Preds; September 9th, 2004 at 10:50 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:34 PM   #2
Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers
Feeding Frenzy

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some sad news...

Very sorry to hear this Mike. My condolences go out to the family. I cannot imagine a worse scenario than to learn that your newborn is gone. I will keep the Pressing family in my prayers.
Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 10:06 PM   #3
The Immortal Ramirez
PredsFF.com Portal News Reporters

The Immortal Ramirez is on a distinguished road

My family and many close to me have been praying for the family and you as well. This breaks my heart and as I have previously written, I cannot put into words my sadness.
The Immortal Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 07:43 AM   #4
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road

As someone with a soon to be 15 week old at home I can't imagine what they must be going through. They will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers!
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:55 AM   #5
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

As a parent myself as well, I cannot imagine anything worse that having to go through that. My thoughts and prayers will be with the family as well.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #6
Valencia
NF-FFL, CDL, & SAC'D

Valencia is on a distinguished road

Hey Mike,
Very sorry to hear this saddest of news. My thoughts and prayers are with the childs family and friends.
Valencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:02 AM   #7
Cheezy
Chameleon Dynasty

Cheezy is on a distinguished road

So Sorry Mike. I will continue to pray for Heather and Chris. I have a 16 month old little girl, and 2 couples who are very close to me and my wife have lost children within the last few months and years. Its tragic. My thoughts will be with you and your staff as well.

Jeff
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #8
California
NF-FFL

California is on a distinguished road

times like this prove how little football is. i would like to send all of my thoughts and prayers to Arielle, her family, and obviously her great friends. After a month or so of talking to you it is clear you are a great person and have some lucky friends. Continue to be strong and send all of my love. BD/California
California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:39 PM   #9
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Mike, somehow I missed this post yesterday... though Ramirez gave me a heads up... we'll lift up the Pressing family on Sunday in our congregation.

As difficult as it was for you (or still is), you performed such an important role yesterday... in just being there for Heather. You may never know just how crucial that was. I know it didn't make it any easier for you to be there in the midst of the storm, so to speak... but that was huge. I'll also be praying that God gives you the strength you'll need to continue to hold your work family together. Hang in there, my friend!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #10
Ypsilanti Undead
Feeding Frenzy

Ypsilanti Undead is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that's my greatest fear, and I'm only in the planning stages of parenthood. My thoughts go out to them and to you.
Ypsilanti Undead is offline   Reply With Quote