Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 27th, 2020, 03:47 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Covid Ravens vs Steelers rescheduled a 2nd time (now Tuesday) subject to further change

Just a heads up the situation had now caused a 2nd rescheduling of their game against the . The NFL has also pushed back the week 13 Thursday night game vs the to the following Monday of that week.

Tuesday is far from definite and could be rescheduled again if the have more cases (possibly to a different week). This puts teams in the awkward position of starting players for a game on Tuesday that may or may not actually take place.

As a remedy, if you have players involved in this game and want to start them IF it takes place, then you should list an alternate player at the position from your roster in the comments with your lineup submission to replace the player in the event the game is postponed again (outside week 12).

Note, points scored by replacement players on Sunday or Monday will only count in the event the or player they are replacing is either out on Tuesday due to , OR if the game itself is rescheduled again and no longer within week 12 (i.e. if it's pushed back to the following Sunday or later it would no longer be within week 11 and therefore the backup players points would be credited instead).

Last edited by Preds; November 27th, 2020 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2020, 06:34 PM   #2
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ravens vs Steelers rescheduled a 2nd time (now Tuesday) subject to further change

replacements should be declared before the replacement players game is played also...seems obvious, but wanted to make sure your timing is proper...
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2020, 06:36 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ravens vs Steelers rescheduled a 2nd time (now Tuesday) subject to further change

Thanks guys!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2020, 08:18 PM   #4
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher View Post
replacements should be declared before the replacement players game is played also...seems obvious, but wanted to make sure your timing is proper...
agreed
Old November 28th, 2020, 04:40 PM   #5
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

A Zombie Pirate I Be is on a distinguished road

What if you don't have a replacement player on your roster to plug in?

ie... I only have 1 kicker (Baltimore's Tucker). It's too late to pick anyone up, so would I have to play without a kicker or would I be able to name a free agent kicker as a replacement in the event the game is not played.

I'm good with any decision, but wanted to know before setting my line up tomorrow and also to set a precedence..
A Zombie Pirate I Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2020, 06:35 PM   #6
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Great question. I'm not sure. I'd guess if it's now too late to pick up FAs, then you'd probably be out of luck. But I'm open to other opinions.

Other rules folks... what say ye?
Old November 28th, 2020, 11:25 PM   #7
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

I named a replacement pending a decision.
However, understand that I might be out of luck.
Just want to note that this might happen again later in the season, so the decision this week should set the precedence for the rest of this season.
Old November 28th, 2020, 11:52 PM   #8
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Just post the replacement in the FA forum... If they aren't being bid on, he's yours for the weekend free of charge
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old November 29th, 2020, 12:21 AM   #9
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

that works, Burt.
Old November 29th, 2020, 09:23 AM   #10
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

I posted Bass with Buf with my line up. I will also post in the FA forum.
The NFL wants to play the game so hope it won't matter, but with all the reports cases in Bal, this games looks iffy regarding being played...

The Denver game is the interesting game. They are playing without a QB.
Old November 30th, 2020, 05:14 PM   #11
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Pushed to Wednesday night now...
Old November 30th, 2020, 05:14 PM   #12
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Just read on ESPN that the Pit/Bal game has been moved to Wednesday...
At what point will this game be voided for week 12 fantasy - or have we reached that point now?
Old November 30th, 2020, 05:23 PM   #13
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
Just read on ESPN that the Pit/Bal game has been moved to Wednesday...
At what point will this game be voided for week 12 fantasy - or have we reached that point now?
MFL has been posting updates that the game will count towards Week 12 stats...have not seen anything different yet...
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old November 30th, 2020, 06:05 PM   #14
Preds
*****istrator

I don't think it will be voided for fantasy until the regularly scheduled week 13 games start on Sunday at 1pm

Frankly the Ravens should forfeit this game. Just like the Titans should have against the Bills. It's total BS for the NFL to be stringing along teams like this. The Steelers have been screwed over twice now. The Bills were F'd over by the Titans fiasco which messed up game planning and prep for both the Titans gam which got moved back to Tuesday, and the the TNF game against the Chiefs which ended up getting pushed back to MNF because of the Titans recklessness. The didn't know until Sunday whether they were playing the Titans on Tuesday or Chiefs on Thursday. That was so bush league by the NFL, and the Ravens situation is the same bush league BS. If a team can't play according to the schedule, it should be a forfeit Pay the team ready to play and move on. This schedule juggling is ridiculous.
Old November 30th, 2020, 07:09 PM   #15
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road

I think the "pay" part is the hold up... It's hard to pay a team with no product given, advertisers and networks don't pay without that product being shown.

I also heard that if a game was cancelled no players would receive a game check for either team.

Rick
Cell/Text: 719-237-0354
wchmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2020, 09:19 PM   #16
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

I found the following on the MFL site...

Answer: For week 12, the Ravens-Steelers game has been moved (again) to Wednesday at 3:40pm ET.

* The scores will count in the current week. So the upcoming Wed afternoon game will be included in week 12 scores.

I also heard on a radio talk show that most of the fantasy sites will consider the Wed game as a week12 game. But if bumped again to Thursday, the game will not count for week12. Only time will tell what actually happens with this game.

I guess if the NFL decides continue to benefit Baltimore, they might keeping bumping the game out until Lamar Jackson is cleared. They will allow the Broncos to play without a single legitimate QB for game time, but they won't let the Ravens play with a partially depleted roster. It's been delayed long enough now for the Raven's RBs to be active for the game...

On a side note: cudos to Kendall Hinton (Denver's latest QB) - the kid played his heart out. Much respect to him for giving it his all. He was in a no win situation and he came out there and did his best.
Old November 30th, 2020, 10:29 PM   #17
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchmego View Post
I think the "pay" part is the hold up... It's hard to pay a team with no product given, advertisers and networks don't pay without that product being shown.

I also heard that if a game was cancelled no players would receive a game check for either team.
The neither team gets paid part is correct, and IMO total BS. The forfeiting team should have to pay the opposing teams salaries IMO. The league needs harsh penalties to keep teams and players from being careless and/or ignoring rules.

Last edited by Preds; November 30th, 2020 at 10:32 PM.
Old November 30th, 2020, 10:30 PM   #18
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
I found the following on the MFL site...

Answer: For week 12, the Ravens-Steelers game has been moved (again) to Wednesday at 3:40pm ET.

* The scores will count in the current week. So the upcoming Wed afternoon game will be included in week 12 scores.

I also heard on a radio talk show that most of the fantasy sites will consider the Wed game as a week12 game. But if bumped again to Thursday, the game will not count for week12. Only time will tell what actually happens with this game.

I guess if the NFL decides continue to benefit Baltimore, they might keeping bumping the game out until Lamar Jackson is cleared. They will allow the Broncos to play without a single legitimate QB for game time, but they won't let the Ravens play with a partially depleted roster. It's been delayed long enough now for the Raven's RBs to be active for the game...

On a side note: cudos to Kendall Hinton (Denver's latest QB) - the kid played his heart out. Much respect to him for giving it his all. He was in a no win situation and he came out there and did his best.
regardless of what MFL does, we can manually adjust scores to update week 12 results as long as the Ravens/Steelers game is played before the week 13 games.