User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 8th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default CDL and Frenzy leagues to swap Ghost Writers

The Chameleon Dynasty League (CDL) and Feeding Frenzy League (Frenzy) have come together with some unprecedented cooperation that will greatly enhance and benefit both leagues!

A representative of each league has agreed to be a ghost writer for the other league. Steve Spain (The Immortal Ramirez) of the CDL has agreed to cover the Frenzy beat with articles on Tuesdays and Fridays, while Matt Marshall of the Frenzy has offered to bring back Linus Scrimmage and his Tackled or a Loss column to cover the CDL beat twice weekly on a similar schedule.

This is exciting news for both leagues. Both are cap/contract dynasty style leagues that are active year round. The Frenzy is entering it's 4th year while the CDL is entering it's 3rd. Both leagues have Restricted Free Agency (RFA)periods, Rookie Drafts, and Unrestricted Free Agency (UFA). Both have player contracts, but they have different salary structures, roster sizes, and cap penalties.

Matt and Steve will provide the CDL and Frenzy with entertaining and independent observations of the season as it unfolds!

On a related front, I'm working on establishing ghost writer coverage for all 3 local leagues that share the boards here. Noah DeRoachie (Skippy the One Eyed Beagle), commish of the Columbus League Owners (CLOWNS) has agreed to cover a league, as have I. We're just working on a representative from the IFFL being willing to provide coverage for the NF-FFL or the CLOWNS league. If that can be obtained, all 5 leagues that share the board will have bi-weekly independent coverage which should offer even more excitment and fun as we enter the 2004 season!

You will find the weekly articles posted in the PredsFF.com Portal News forum, which will result in these articles being featured right here on the front page of the portal.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #2
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CDL and Frenzy leagues to swap Ghost Writers

I am working on getting access to the CDL League history and it occurs to me that having some knowledge about each of the owners/teams will help me and probably help Steve as he writes about the Frenzy.

At the risk of making this like some sort of weird on-line dating survey please provide some of (if not all of) the following information (and anything else you care to share). Please do this via e-mail or private message since some this is strategic in nature:

Biggest rival:
I am most happy with my (please list players/positions and not personal features):
I am least happy with my (please list players/positions and not personal features):
This season will be a success if (what are your goals):
My biggest fear this year (is there an injury that would really cripple you):
I really want to acquire:
I really want to dump:
Players I am watching as possible picks in next years’ rookie draft:
Something that might surprise me about your team:
Any other thoughts or comments that might be helpful:

I am hoping that this will make me something of an insider for your league and provide a level of realism to my writing and reporting.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:16 AM   #3
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
I am working on getting access to the CDL League history and it occurs to me that having some knowledge about each of the owners/teams will help me and probably help Steve as he writes about the Frenzy.

At the risk of making this like some sort of weird on-line dating survey please provide some of (if not all of) the following information (and anything else you care to share). Please do this via e-mail or private message since some this is strategic in nature:

Biggest rival:
I am most happy with my (please list players/positions and not personal features):
I am least happy with my (please list players/positions and not personal features):
This season will be a success if (what are your goals):
My biggest fear this year (is there an injury that would really cripple you):
I really want to acquire:
I really want to dump:
Players I am watching as possible picks in next years’ rookie draft:
Something that might surprise me about your team:
Any other thoughts or comments that might be helpful:

I am hoping that this will make me something of an insider for your league and provide a level of realism to my writing and reporting.
Great ideas Matt... hopefully everyone will participate... I'll get someting over to you in the next day or so.
Old September 8th, 2004, 12:05 PM   #4
The Immortal Ramirez
PredsFF.com Portal News Reporters

The Immortal Ramirez is on a distinguished road

I agree. Awesome idea. Please do the same for Frenzy for me.

In addition, I would like to know how long each member of Frenzy has been in the league. That would help me know if someone just started and has little choice about their roster, or if they chose it to be that bad...um, I mean, way.
The Immortal Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #5
Mutts
General Member

Mutts is on a distinguished road

The Wonder Mutts and IFFL would be happy to lend the analytical services of Scoop Dog to the effort. Let me know which league you would like me to cover. I would also request that owners of the chosen league submit some "insider" info for me to work from.
Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 12:22 PM   #6
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Mutts
The Wonder Mutts and IFFL would be happy to lend the analytical services of Scoop Dog to the effort. Let me know which league you would like me to cover. I would also request that owners of the chosen league submit some "insider" info for me to work from.
Jake, you and Pat will be covering the CLOWNS league (Noah aka Skippy the One Eyed Beagle is the CLOWNS commish).

Skippy will be covering the NF-FFL, and I'll be covering the IFFL.

Therefore, send me all the info on the IFFL that you can!

The plan for this week (from Noah and I at least) is to do a bit of a season preview and analysis of each team's strengths and weaknesses. This should be fun!
Old September 8th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #7
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

I am not much for the icons, but one of Mr. Smithers putting his fingers together and saying "Excellent" comes to mind here!!
Old September 8th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #8
Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers
Feeding Frenzy

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers is on a distinguished road

"My biggest fear this year (is there an injury that would really cripple you):"

My biggest fear this year is that Ricky Williams will quit football in the prime of his career and leave me high and dry. It's a good thing that has no chance of happening....................oh wait. DOH!
Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM   #9
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Another thing I would be happy to do is break trade or player release news. I could do a brief write-up with the logic from the team(s) involved and post it to the Portal.