Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Assign Penalties for failing to submit lineup?
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old April 15th, 2022, 04:45 PM   #1
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Default Penalties for failing to submit a lineup during the season **FAILS**

Failure to submit lineup in a season will result in the following penalties:

1st offense - warning
2nd offense - loss of 1st round pick
3rd offense - Expulsion from the league

Also, the Commish will go through Lineups Saturday evening or Sunday morning, and for any team where lineup has not been set, will set lineup based on highest projected points.

The owner will still be expected to set the lineup before kickoff Sunday morning, even if by just clicking submit with the existing lineup, or will face above penalties

Last edited by Burt the Butcher; April 15th, 2022 at 04:47 PM.
Old April 15th, 2022, 10:02 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Penalties for failing to submit a lineup during the season

I'm wondering if we should also consider kind of mechanism to discourage teams from basically standing pat once they know their playoff chances are unlikely. We've seen a few teams in both leagues essentially ignore any effort to remain competitive by adding UFA's or moving up PS or TS players just because they don't want to impact their cap the following year and don't care how low they finish. I'm not saying teams shouldn't be able to sell off talent when they know it's a down year, but we should highly discourage basically ignoring your team once you do so. For example, 2 years ago I was besieged by injuries early in the season in Frenzy and traded away 70% of my starters, but still made every effort to remain competitive down the stretch through UFA, trades, and my PS/TS. In the end I won a few unexpected games because I never gave up trying to field the best lineup available to me, even though it hurt my draft positioning and cap the following year (a year where I reversed fortune and took my Preds to the Frenzy championship as the 1 seed, only to be beaten by Patrick with his recent Frenzy/SACD dominance)!

Maybe we could have a bottom 6 playoff bracket where you have to win to get the top picks, so that teams, even when they're out of it, are still incentivized to keep pushing to better their team? Kind of the opposite of a lottery. Seed the bottom 6 teams in reverse order, with byes to the 2 worst teams and seed the bracket based on who advances to the top. For example seeds 7-3 would have to win 3 games to earn the # 1 seed in the draft, whereas the 2 worst teams would only have to win 2 games, but will be facing tougher teams, which incentivizes even the lowest team to continue doing their all to be competitive.

I'm just spitballing here but wondering if we might be able to do something like this to incentivize all teams to remain active, which also gives everyone something to play for though the end of the NFL season.

Thoughts everyone?

Last edited by Preds; April 16th, 2022 at 09:56 AM. Reason: grammar
Old April 16th, 2022, 12:57 AM   #3
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road

I really like this idea.

Rick
Cell/Text: 719-237-0354
Old April 18th, 2022, 10:26 AM   #4
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchmego View Post
I really like this idea.
Then why the no vote?
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old April 18th, 2022, 11:13 AM   #5
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

emerald is on a distinguished road

I realize your question about the no vote is to wchmego...

My "no" vote was because the penalties (2nd and 3rd offense) are too harsh.
I often leave my line up in from week to week if I feel it is my best line up. I don't always remember to hit submit if I plan no changes weekly.
If as a result of changing my routine I had a 1st round pick taken I promise you that you would not to wait around for a 3rd miss; I would launch the league that I have enjoyed for the past dozen years.
As for Mikes idea to have a playoff for earlier picks in the upcoming rookie draft to keep all teams competitive throughout the season I think that is a wonderful plan!
Old April 18th, 2022, 11:43 AM   #6
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post

I often leave my line up in from week to week if I feel it is my best line up. I don't always remember to hit submit if I plan no changes weekly.
If as a result of changing my routine I had a 1st round pick taken I promise you that you would not to wait around for a 3rd miss; I would launch the league that I have enjoyed for the past dozen years.
As for Mikes idea to have a playoff for earlier picks in the upcoming rookie draft to keep all teams competitive throughout the season I think that is a wonderful plan!
Sorry, I should have quoted... I meant I love Mike's idea... Finding ways to encourage winning and to keep playing at the end of the season is the best way to keep people interested. Having a playoff bracket for the 6 teams out of the playoffs to determine 1-6 draft picks is awesome. No more wanting to tank or be disinterested! Keeps everyone involved for the full season.

This could also encourage trading all year around #oneday

Rick
Old April 18th, 2022, 12:19 PM   #7
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Sorry, I should have quoted... I meant I love Mike's idea... Finding ways to encourage winning and to keep playing at the end of the season is the best way to keep people interested. Having a playoff bracket for the 6 teams out of the playoffs to determine 1-6 draft picks is awesome. No more wanting to tank or be disinterested! Keeps everyone involved for the full season.

This could also encourage trading all year around #oneday
I've put up a poll containing a more detailed proposal for a Draft Seeding Bracket (DSB) in both leagues. Let's see where the idea goes.
Old April 18th, 2022, 01:32 PM   #8
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
I'm wondering if we should also consider kind of mechanism to discourage teams from basically standing pat once they know their playoff chances are unlikely. We've seen a few teams in both leagues essentially ignore any effort to remain competitive by adding UFA's or moving up PS or TS players just because they don't want to impact their cap the following year and don't care how low they finish. I'm not saying teams shouldn't be able to sell off talent when they know it's a down year, but we should highly discourage basically ignoring your team once you do so. For example, 2 years ago I was besieged by injuries early in the season in Frenzy and traded away 70% of my starters, but still made every effort to remain competitive down the stretch through UFA, trades, and my PS/TS. In the end I won a few unexpected games because I never gave up trying to field the best lineup available to me, even though it hurt my draft positioning and cap the following year (a year where I reversed fortune and took my Preds to the Frenzy championship as the 1 seed, only to be beaten by Patrick with his recent Frenzy/SACD dominance)!

Maybe we could have a bottom 6 playoff bracket where you have to win to get the top picks, so that teams, even when they're out of it, are still incentivized to keep pushing to better their team? Kind of the opposite of a lottery. Seed the bottom 6 teams in reverse order, with byes to the 2 worst teams and seed the bracket based on who advances to the top. For example seeds 7-3 would have to win 3 games to earn the # 1 seed in the draft, whereas the 2 worst teams would only have to win 2 games, but will be facing tougher teams, which incentivizes even the lowest team to continue doing their all to be competitive.

I'm just spitballing here but wondering if we might be able to do something like this to incentivize all teams to remain active, which also gives everyone something to play for though the end of the NFL season.

Thoughts everyone?
Is this what prompted the other rules change proposal, Mike? Just seeing this now.
Old April 18th, 2022, 01:41 PM   #9
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

In general, I'm in favor of this. Don't think I've ever missed more than one week of submitting a lineup in the decade+ I've been in this league.

However, I think there COULD be an extenuating circumstance where an owner, after having failed to submit a lineup (and receiving a warning), somehow isn't able to submit a second lineup... and it has nothing to do with owner negligence. If there was some way for the commish to follow up after the 2nd failure... and the executive team would then make a decision on the loss of a 1st round draft pick... then I'm cool with this.

Or does that just leave too much room for a loophole to be exploited?
Old April 18th, 2022, 02:35 PM   #10
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Hawaiian Opihi View Post
Is this what prompted the other rules change proposal, Mike? Just seeing this now.
yes
Old April 18th, 2022, 02:47 PM   #11
pacificscrub
SAC'D

pacificscrub is on a distinguished road

I'm good with the concept, but agree with Emerald that losing your 1st is just too harsh for a 2nd failure to submit a lineup.
Old April 18th, 2022, 05:36 PM   #12
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post

I am not trying to turn this into a head hunt...just trying to give people incentive to continue to set their lineups every week throughout the season. We seemed to have a lot of no shows late in the season last year, and I would like to keep things fair for everyone.

Mike had another suggestion, that may work better with modifications.
Any other suggestions to keep people from losing interest and just not showing up last couple weeks of the season?

Maybe just adding a rule, that the commish will go through the lineups on Saturday evening or Sunday morning, and reset anyone's lineup who was not manually reset during the week?

Or at a minimum, sub out players who are on bye or out for the game, but still in the lineup?
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old April 18th, 2022, 05:51 PM   #13
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher View Post
I am not trying to turn this into a head hunt...just trying to give people incentive to continue to set their lineups every week throughout the season. We seemed to have a lot of no shows late in the season last year, and I would like to keep things fair for everyone.

Mike had another suggestion, that may work better with modifications.
Any other suggestions to keep people from losing interest and just not showing up last couple weeks of the season?

Maybe just adding a rule, that the commish will go through the lineups on Saturday evening or Sunday morning, and reset anyone's lineup who was not manually reset during the week?

Or at a minimum, sub out players who are on bye or out for the game, but still in the lineup?

In one league I played in, if a line up was not set, the commish inserted the players with the highest projections. This with a combo of Mike's idea should cover all bases. If it gets to be too much for a team to set the line up each week, maybe it's time to take up knitting or some other hobby

Rick
Old April 18th, 2022, 05:56 PM   #14
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
in one league i played in, if a line up was not set, the commish inserted the players with the highest projections. This with a combo of mike's idea should cover all bases. If it gets to be too much for a team to set the line up each week, maybe it's time to take up knitting or some other hobby tongue
Old April 18th, 2022, 06:17 PM   #15
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
In one league I played in, if a line up was not set, the commish inserted the players with the highest projections. This with a combo of Mike's idea should cover all bases. If it gets to be too much for a team to set the line up each week, maybe it's time to take up knitting or some other hobby
Knitting takes WAY more time than submitting a lineup. Just FYI...
Old April 18th, 2022, 06:28 PM   #16
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Hawaiian Opihi View Post
Knitting takes WAY more time than submitting a lineup. Just FYI...

Yes, but you can walk away and come back to it when ever you want

Rick
Closed Thread