Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Newswire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old December 12th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road
Default 2006 All Frenzy Team

All Frenzy 1st Team

QB - Peyton Manning, Amish Rake Fighters, lead the league with 337.6 points and was 2nd with 26 points per game. This is Peyton's 4th straight first team All Frenzy award.

RB - LaDanian Tomlinson, Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects, scored more points than any player in Frenzy history with 470.45 points, and 36.2 points per game. The former Frenzy Rookie of the year has been All Frenzy every year since 2002. This is the Insects 5th All Frenzy running back.

RB - Larry Johnson, Urza's Ragers, makes his first All Frenzy appearance. Larry was second in the league with 368.85 points and 28.4 points per game. This is the first All Frenzy running back in Ragers' history.

WR - Chad Johnson, Black Watch Royal Highlanders, lead all wide receivers with 208.85 points and 16.1 points per game. It is Chad's 4th straight All Frenzy award.

WR - Reggie Wayne, Nittany Dodgers, makes his first appearance on the All Frenzy team. Reggie was 2nd in the league with 197.9 points, and 3rd in the league with 15.2 points per game. This is the first All Frenzy WR in Nittany Dodger history.

WR - Torry Holt, Royal Hawaiian Opihi, gets his 4th All Frenzy Award. Torry was 3rd in the league with 195.5 points and 4th with 15.0 points per game. This is the 5th All Frenzy WR in Opihi history.

TE - Antonio Gates, Wonder Mutts, lead the league with 159.8 points and 12.3 points per game. This Gates 3rd straight All Frenzy Award. This is also the Mutts 4th All Frenzy tight end.

K - Jeff Wilkins, Jersey Toxic Waste, lead kickers with 125.9 and was second with 9.7 points per game. This is Wilkins 2nd All Frenzy Award, and the Waste's 2nd all Frenzy kicker.

D - Chicago, Soap Box Derby Cars, lead all D's with 219 points and 16.9 points per game. Chicago is 1st team All Frenzy for the 2nd straight year. This is the Derby Cars 1st All Frenzy defense.

All Frenzy 2nd Team

QB - Drew Brees, Urza's Ragers, was 2nd among QBs with 331.15 points and first with a 27.6 points per game average. This is Brees' 1st All Frenzy Award, and the Ragers 1st All Frenzy QB.

RB - Steven Jackson, Jersey Toxic Waste, was 3rd among RBs with 331.15 points and 25.5 points per game. This was Jackson's first All Frenzy Award. The Waste have now had 2 All Frenzy running backs.

RB - Frank Gore, Parkwood Predators, was 4th among running backs with 288.1 points, and 6th with 22.2 points per game. The Predators have had five All Frenzy running backs.

WR - Donald Driver, Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects, gets his first All Frenzy Award. Driver was 4th among wide receivers with 191.55 points, and 7th with 14.7 points per game. The Insects have had four All Frenzy Wide receivers.

WR - Terrell Owens, Amish Rake Fighters, gets his 4th All Frenzy selection. Owens was 5th among WRs with 189.1 points, and 9th with 14.5 points per game.

WR - Steve Smith, Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects, gets his 2nd All Frenzy Award. Smith was 6th with 186 points and 2nd with 15.5 points per game.
TE - Kellen Winslow, Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects, gets his 1st All Frenzy award. Kellen was 2nd among tight ends with 122.9 points and 4th with 9.5 points per game. This is the Insects first All Frenzy tight end.

K - Nate Kaeding, Philadelphia Freedom, gets his 1st All Frenzy Award. The former Frenzy Rookie of the Year was 2nd among kickers with 122.4 points, and 3rd with 9.4 points per game.

D - Baltimore, Nittany Dodgers, get their 2nd All Frenzy award. They were 2nd amond Ds with 174 points and 14.5 points per game. This was the Dodgers 2nd All Frenzy Defense.

MVP - There is little suspense in naming LaDanian Tomlinson the MVP in setting the all time record for points in a season for any position, and leading the 2nd place RB by over 100 points. LaDanian was in a class by himself in 2006. This is LaDanian's 1st MVP award. Previous MVPs include Marshall Faulk (2001), Priest Holmes (2002-03), and Peyton Manning (2004-05).

Rookie of the year - Reggie Bush was the draft day favorite for this award, but as we all know he wasn't even the biggest rookie contributor for the Saints this year. Out of no where, undrafted (Frenzy-wise) Marques Colston put up 143 points in 9 games for a 15.9 average to be the #15 WR in Frenzy production. Previous winners include LaDanian Tomlinson (2001), Jeremy Shockey (2002), Anquan Boldin (2003), Nate Kaeding (2004), and Cadillac Williams (2005).

Last edited by Nittany Dodgers; December 12th, 2006 at 04:17 PM.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2006 All Frenzy Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany Dodgers
Rookie of the year - The only two real competitors for this award were Joseph Addai and Reggie Bush. Addai had more games (7 to 6), points (124.75 to 92.85) and points per game (17.8 to 15.5) and thusly, Addai is the 2006 Frenzy Rookie of the Year. Previous winners include LaDanian Tomlinson (2001), Jeremy Shockey (2002), Anquan Boldin (2003), Nate Kaeding (2004), and Cadillac Williams (2005).
FLAVVED

Maurice Jones-Drew deserve's serious consideration, even if he was only active for 3 weeks and started once :dammit
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Re: 2006 All Frenzy Team

Great write up.

Here are the individual ROYAL HAWAIIAN OPIHI awards for the 2006 regular season:

The "Jeckyl & Hide" Award - QB Michael Vick... red hot one week, and mediocre the next. Man, it's been a crazy ride with him.

"Rookie of the Year" Award - WR Marques Colston... picked him up after week one, signed him to a two year deal (dang, should have been 5!), and despite missing 3 games because of his ankle injury, is the #2 WR on our team, behind only Frenzy 1st Team Torry Holt. No one saw this coming!

"Comeback Player of the Year" - RB Ahman Green... who knew that the old man had something left in him?! The Opihi took a chance on him in the offseason, signing him to a 3-year deal... and it has paid off handsomely. Great season, Ahman.

OPIHI MVP - RB Bryan Westbrook. Week in and week out, he's been as solid as they come. He's not the flashiest RB in the league... nor does he put up the most statistics... but he's worth his contract in gold for his pass-catching abilities.

"Most Likely to Succeed" award - RB Mike Bell... "Mr. Insignificant" (taken dead last in the Frenzy draft) showed his stuff this season, coming out of nowhere to vie for starting time in Denver. Can he overcome the wrath of Skeletor? We shall see...
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #4
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds
FLAVVED

Maurice Jones-Drew deserve's serious consideration, even if he was only active for 3 weeks and started once :dammit
Actually, it is flawed, but for the wrong reason. I didn't have Colston listed as a rookie, so I'll be updating him to ROY for his 143 points in 9 games. My awards are based on Frenzy points only. Otherwise it would be pointless as you could just look to the NFL for the awards.
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #5
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Actually, it is flawed, but for the wrong reason. I didn't have Colston listed as a rookie, so I'll be updating him to ROY for his 143 points in 9 games. My awards are based on Frenzy points only. Otherwise it would be pointless as you could just look to the NFL for the awards.
I know I know... just trying to give my one bright spot some props!
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Re: 2006 All Frenzy Team

Quote:
:agree Cool! Thanks for Opihi props!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #7
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds
I know I know... just trying to give my one bright spot some props!
Gore not bright enough for you?
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #8
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Gore not bright enough for you?
:bag forgot about him... yeah, I'm liking him too! Thanks!

Last edited by Preds; December 12th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #9
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rookie of the year - Reggie Bush was the draft day favorite for this award, but as we all know he wasn't even the biggest rookie contributor for the Saints this year.
How many points did Reggie Bush have? I know he was not in the line-up for his huge game a few weeks ago.

Overall, he seemed to do a pretty decent job (probably hard for anyone to live up to all the hype he generated). Heck, he has almost 1,100 all purpose yards, 79 receptions and 6 TD's (rush/receiving). His yards per carry is pretty weak but I can't imagine he is that far out of the Top 25 RB's with those overall numbers.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #10
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
How many points did Reggie Bush have? I know he was not in the line-up for his huge game a few weeks ago.

Overall, he seemed to do a pretty decent job (probably hard for anyone to live up to all the hype he generated). Heck, he has almost 1,100 all purpose yards, 79 receptions and 6 TD's (rush/receiving). His yards per carry is pretty weak but I can't imagine he is that far out of the Top 25 RB's with those overall numbers.
After a couple of big weeks, Bush is up to #17 among RBs in Frenzy scoring (not games played, but actual total points). Colston, after missing a few weeks due to injury is still the #14 wide receiver.

I didn't mean to knock Bush as much to give props to Colston. I think people have been far to critical of Bush to date, and I think he'll produce as people expected pre draft when he gets more consistent touches (ie, more running opportunities), but Colston was on fire all season until his injury.
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #11
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Bush is up to #17 among RBs

Well, maybe he will slow down a little now (since it is only going to cost me more in salary bump if he keeps scoring more points).

As for Colston I agree that he has been extremely impressive and deserving of ROY honors.

Actually, this raises an interesting question about how well rookies have done at the different positions. I am guessing Michael Clayton's rookie year was pretty strong as well as Caddy. What is the highest a rookie has finished at each of the positions?
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #12
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Well, maybe he will slow down a little now (since it is only going to cost me more in salary bump if he keeps scoring more points).

As for Colston I agree that he has been extremely impressive and deserving of ROY honors.

Actually, this raises an interesting question about how well rookies have done at the different positions. I am guessing Michael Clayton's rookie year was pretty strong as well as Caddy. What is the highest a rookie has finished at each of the positions?
Well, I only have track of drafted rookie, but I don't think any others like Colston have slipped through the draft. The top for each position since 2002:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger, #20 in 2004
RB - Clinton Portis, #6 in 2002
WR - Anquan Boldin, #4 in 2003
TE - Jeremy Shockey, #3 in 2002
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #13
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Wow, I did not realize that we had such successful rookies.
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:28 AM   #14
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Wow, I did not realize that we had such successful rookies.
The other interesting note is that of the four, only Shockey was the first player at his position selected in the draft. Roethlisberger was the 2nd QB, and 15th player selected in 2004. Portis was the 4th RB, and 7th player selected in 2002. An Boldin was the 5th WR, and 13th player selected in 2003.
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #15
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
The other interesting note is that of the four, only Shockey was the first player at his position selected in the draft. Roethlisberger was the 2nd QB, and 15th player selected in 2004. Portis was the 4th RB, and 7th player selected in 2002. An Boldin was the 5th WR, and 13th player selected in 2003.
Ah that funny thing called "The Draft"... it is 100% an inexact science!