Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Newswire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old December 14th, 2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road
Default Sam's 2004 All Frenzy Team

1st Team

QB-Peyton Manning, Soap Box Derby Cars, (430.35p, 13g, 33.1 avg.). Lead all players in points with 430.35. Averaged 33.1 points per game for the season. Had two of the top ten all time Frenzy QB performances this season. Also 2003 1st Team All Frenzy.

RB-LaDanian Tomlinson, Parkwood Predators, (329.4p, 13g, 25.3avg.). Lead all running backs in points. Did not display previous penchant for explosive games, but ended season strong scoring 30+ points in 3 of last 4 games. Also the 2001 Frenzy Rookie of the year, 2002 1st Team All Frenzy, and 2003 2nd Team All Frenzy.

RB-Shaun Alexander, Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects, (325.05p, 13g, 25.0 avg.). Second in the league in points. Had three sub 10 point games, otherwise was a reliable 20+ points every game, including two 42 point performances. This is Shaun’s first All Frenzy award.

WR-Terrell Owens, Wonder Mutts (239.45p, 13g, 18.4 avg.). Dominated wide receiver play for most of the season, prior to late season slowdown (three sub 10 point games in last four weeks). Also 2001 & 2002 1st Team All Frenzy, and 2003 2nd Team All Frenzy.

WR-Joe Horn, Liquid Swords (214.9p, 13g, 16.5 avg.). Late season surge vaulted him into #2 WR final ranking (15.6 point average last five weeks of season). Also 2002 2nd Team All Frenzy.

WR-Marvin Harrison, Indiana Undead (201.6p, 13g, 15.5avg.). Continued excellence. Fewer explosive games than in the past, but increased consistency. Also 2001 & 2002 1st Team All Frenzy, and 2003 2nd Team All Frenzy.

TE-Tony Gonzalez, Nittany Dodgers (161.6p, 13g, 12.4 avg.). Continued to dominate the position, as he has for entire 21st century. This is Tony’s 4th straight 1st Team All Frenzy award.

K-David Akers, Urza’s Ragers (144.9p, 13g, 11.1 avg.). Dominated the kicker position, second place kicker had 35 fewer points. This is David’s first All Frenzy award.

Def-Baltimore, Parkwood Predators (192p, 13g, 14.8 avg.). Return to Super Bowl winning form, scored 28 more points than 2nd place defense. This is Baltimore’s first All Frenzy Award.

2nd Team

QB-Daunte Culpepper, Liquid Swords (419.8p, 13g, 32.3 avg.). Awesome season overshadowed by Manning miracle season. Only other player than Manning to average over 30 ppg. Also 2003 2nd Team All Frenzy.

RB-Curtis Martin, Philadelphia Freedom (321.1p, 13g, 24.7 avg.). Played through adversity all year with the Freedom. Ignored trade rumors to finish season strong (23.1 ppg last three weeks). Also 2001 2nd Team All Frenzy.

RB-Tiki Barber, Nittany Dodgers (307.65p, 12g, 25.6 avg.). Second in the league in ppg average among RBs with 10+ starts, inexplicable benched in week 14 dropping him behind Martin for the year. Lead all RBs in points until final week. Only one sub 28+ point game prior to late season collapse (14.9 points last three weeks). This is Tiki’s first All Frenzy Award.

WR-Chad Johnson, Indiana Undead (199.5p, 13g, 15.3 avg.). Finished strong after up and down season. Also 2003 1st Team All Frenzy.

WR-Torry Holt, Royal Hawaiian Opihi (193.6p, 13g, 14.9 avg.). Down season after breakout 2003 campaign. Also 2003 1st Team All Frenzy.

WR-Muhsin Muhammad, Jersey Toxic Waste (176.7p, 11g, 16.1 avg.). Return from the dead campaign, thanks in large part to 23.1 ppg over last 5 weeks. This is Muhsin’s first All Frenzy award.

TE-Antonio Gates, Wonder Mutts (181.8p, 12g, 15.2 avg.). Lead all tight ends in points, but only playing in 12 games really turned off the voters. This is Antonio’s first All Frenzy award.

K-Josh Brown, Liquid Swords (109.6p, 13g, 8.4 avg.). Narrowly beat out Ryan Longwell by less than a point. Good season, but slowed down considerably at end of year. This is Josh’s first All Frenzy award.

Def-New England, Liquid Swords (164p, 13g, 12.6 avg.). Late season surge (three 20+ point games in last five) put them in front of Pittsburgh, who had been in second place all year. This is New England’s first All Frenzy award.

2004 MVP: Peyton Manning. Peyton dominated QB play like no other quarterback in Frenzy history.

2004 Frenzy Rookie of the Year: Nate Kaeding. Nate pulls out the award in a close vote over the top three scoring Rookies, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, and Roy Williams. Julius Jones’ performances were great, but few. Kevin Jones’ were many, but less than spectacular. Roy Williams looked promising early, but was slowed by injuries. Nate was a consistent performer throughout the year, and finished 6th among all Frenzy kickers.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Mutts
General Member

Mutts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sam's 2004 All Frenzy Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany Dodgers
TE-Tony Gonzalez, Nittany Dodgers (161.6p, 13g, 12.4 avg.). Continued to dominate the position, as he has for entire 21st century. This is Tony’s 4th straight 1st Team All Frenzy award.

TE-Antonio Gates, Wonder Mutts (181.8p, 12g, 15.2 avg.). Lead all tight ends in points, but only playing in 12 games really turned off the voters. This is Antonio’s first All Frenzy award.
Antonio demands a recount! Are you serious? The one extra game that Tony G played overcame a 3 pt. per game deficit between he and Gates?

I think you must have been thinking about the nasty taste of Mike's dirty socks when you tabulated the votes... eek

Anyone notice that the Dodger's own Tony G is the only 1st Team member who didn't finish the season 1st in scoring? :whistle

Last edited by Mutts; December 14th, 2004 at 04:35 PM.
Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 04:38 PM   #3
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Mutts
Antonio demands a recount! Are you serious? The one extra game that Tony G played overcame a 3 pt. per game deficit between he and Gates?

I think you must have been thinking about the nasty taste of Mike's dirty socks when you tabulated the votes... eek

Anyone notice that the Dodger's own Tony G is the only 1st Team member who didn't finish the season 1st in scoring? :whistle
I sense you think my voting is biased. I will have you know this vote was unanimous. I had my 7 year old daughter, and 3 year old son vote along with me. When they were informed they would be sharing in the delights of Mike smelly socks if they voted for Gates, they both decided to vote for Gonzalez. I believe this to be a both fair and ethical method of collecting votes.

(I wondered how long it would take for someone to point out this voting irregularity).eek
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #4
Mutts
General Member

Mutts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany Dodgers
I sense you think my voting is biased. I will have you know this vote was unanimous. I had my 7 year old daughter, and 3 year old son vote along with me. When they were informed they would be sharing in the delights of Mike smelly socks if they voted for Gates, they both decided to vote for Gonzalez. I believe this to be a both fair and ethical method of collecting votes.

(I wondered how long it would take for someone to point out this voting irregularity).eek
! On second thought, it sounds as if your polling protocol was as solid as it gets! I think I can convince Antonio to be happy with a 2nd team mention. ;)
Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #5
The Immortal Ramirez
PredsFF.com Portal News Reporters

The Immortal Ramirez is on a distinguished road

hee hee.
Great write-up. I didn't know you did this. I was going to do it, but it appears you already have the number (which would save my three year old daughter from working in the basement with an abacus trying to tabulate scores and points for every player). She thanks you for savings her from this grind...
The Immortal Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 07:53 AM   #6
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road

A second teamer and a ROY. The ROY for Kaeding almost makes me feel better about Charles "the Collarbone" Rogers the number 1 pick 2 years ago.

Excellent write-up, Sam.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 07:54 AM   #7
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

BTW, this is probably not the right forum but when we calculate the bonuses for rookies (and players retro'ed to the rookie scale) are the numbers based on the first 14 weeks (our regular season) or the entire 17 week NFL season?
Old December 15th, 2004, 01:39 PM   #8
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
BTW, this is probably not the right forum but when we calculate the bonuses for rookies (and players retro'ed to the rookie scale) are the numbers based on the first 14 weeks (our regular season) or the entire 17 week NFL season?
The entire 17 week season.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #9
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Thanks. That was what I thought but I wanted to make sure.