Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Newswire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old April 12th, 2005, 11:51 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Post Frenzy News - 2005 Schedule Released

inline imageBreaking News - Early Copy of 2005 Frenzy Schedule Released

Hamburg, NY

With the 2005 NFL schedule due to be released tommorrow (April 13th), this reporter has gotten his hands dirty and has obtained an early copy of the 2005 Feeding Frenzy schedule in advance of the "official release"!

The 2005 season will open with 2 weeks of divisional games. In the East, opening week will feature the Royal Hawaiian Opihi hosting the Ypsilanti Undead, while the Parkwood Predators will travel to Philadelphia to take on the Freedom. The Central division is highlighted by the Liquid Swords hosting their arch rival (and the defending Frenzy Bowl Champion), the Wonder Mutts, with the other game featuring the Soap Box Derby Cars hosting the Jersey Toxic Waste. The week 1 games in the West are highlighted by a highly anticipated meeting between Bay Area arch-rivals, the Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers and the Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects, with this matchup being played in the Insects backyard. Finally, week 1 will conclude with Urza's Rager's hosting the Division Champion Nittany Dodgers.

Weeks 3-10 will feature inter-divisional play, with weeks 11-14 wrapping up the season with 4 weeks of intense divisional play!

A Frenzy Bowl IV rematch will occur week 8 with the defending champion Wonder Mutts hosting the Parkwood Predators (who have appeared in the last 3 Frenzy Bowls, winning in 2003).

Keep it on the hush hush folks, but a complete copy of the 2005 schedule can be found by clicking on this link: http://frenzy.predsff.com/2005/Schedule.html

This is Rhett Zoan with another Frenzy scoop... enjoy this one and start planning for another exciting Frenzy season!

Last edited by Preds; April 13th, 2005 at 09:15 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #2
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Frenzy News - 2005 Schedule Released

Quote:
while the Parkwood Predators will travel to Philadelphia to take on the Freedom.
Trying to start off 1-0 are you. Maybe this year will be the one where I actually win as many divisional games as I lose (then again I said that last year too).
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
Trying to start off 1-0 are you. Maybe this year will be the one where I actually win as many divisional games as I lose (then again I said that last year too).
Lol, no at all.

I just wanted to make sure the schedules varied a bit from last year. Actually, after just now looking at 2003, I think I should swap a couple weeks since I'd like to establish a regular rotation

Last year I started off against Jim and we (Matt and I) didn't square off the 1st time till wk 11.

After reviewing the '03 schedule, I notice we opened that week (note however, the schedules were messed up that year and we didn't stick to div only games wks 1,2 and 11-14 as we should have, though I did open against you).

I did switch a couple weeks around this morning (though not opening week, too many intriguing matchups in that one) so I could create a standard 3 year rotation of divisional games, whereas:

Team A plays teams B and C wks 1,2,12, and 13, and team D wks 11 and 14 in year one

Then in year 2 team A would play teams C and D in weeks 1,2,12 and 13 and team B in wks 11 and 14

And finally in year 3 team A would play teams 3 play D and B weeks 1,2,12,13 followed by team C in weeks 11 and 14.

BTW each team should have 7 home and 7 away games. With 3 home games against each divisional opponent, and 2 home against teams for each of the other divisions. Please check your schedules to make sure they are correct in this regard!

FYI, when swapping weeks I don't mess with the weekly matchups themselves, all I do is move entire weeks to make sure the div games are on the correct weeks and we don't play teams back to back.

Does any of the above make sense?

Last edited by Preds; April 13th, 2005 at 01:06 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #4
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Good work on the schedule. My team's assignments seem to be in order.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote