Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D League Chat
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 20th, 2022, 03:18 PM   #31
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

A Zombie Pirate I Be is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Notice MFL moved MANY, MANY DE’s to LB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
Not if they've been active at some point.
I thought we were talking cutting players before the season started in the season acquired?
A Zombie Pirate I Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2022, 03:40 PM   #32
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
I thought we were talking cutting players before the season started in the season acquired?
IMO if we're going to allow free cuts with position changes, it should apply to all players impacted, or none.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2022, 04:31 PM   #33
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Swords View Post
Yeah, I think we have to roll with it until the season starts.

I do like the idea of cutting a player free of charge if acquired in off-season (RFA or UFA) and player changes position. What do others think?
I was using this as reference

Don't like dropping a player at any point if a position changes
Old May 21st, 2022, 01:55 PM   #34
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

emerald is on a distinguished road

This quote got my attention:

In my other league a player retains the position he is drafted at for the duration of his contract length. If a player is not under contract or the draft occurs after a position change the position change takes affect. Basically if you are locked to a player he retains the position you chose him at.

Kind of a "grandfathered at" ... If you changed the drafted at to any of: drafted at, claimed, traded for, renegotiated or franchised and left burden on owner to verify ownership before MFL position change date then we could create a folder and list position changes to commissioner. The burden of proof would fall on individual owners instead of overextended commish. If UFA or RFA then date of compares to MFL date of change.

Last edited by emerald; May 21st, 2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: trying to express thoughts in print
emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2022, 04:59 PM   #35
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post

In my other league a player retains the position he is drafted at for the duration of his contract length. If a player is not under contract or the draft occurs after a position change the position change takes affect. Basically if you are locked to a player he retains the position you chose him at.

Kind of a "grandfathered at" ... If you changed the drafted at to any of: drafted at, claimed, traded for, renegotiated or franchised and left burden on owner to verify ownership before MFL position change date then we could create a folder and list position changes to commissioner. The burden of proof would fall on individual owners instead of overextended commish. If UFA or RFA then date of compares to MFL date of change.
Now this makes reasonable sense to me, especially with IDP's.
Old May 21st, 2022, 06:20 PM   #36
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
That would be my preference, but I am not completely opposed to any player...
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2022, 06:22 PM   #37
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:

I would be good with this, as long as the manual labor does not get overwhelming.
I would vote for it, as long as it is the team owners responsibility to notify management of position change, and request it be changed back....
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old May 21st, 2022, 08:10 PM   #38
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:

So the rule would something like,,
A player's position is locked to the position he is listed on NFL.COM at the time he is acquired (whether through draft, RFA, UFA, claimed, traded for, renegotiated, or franchised). His position will be locked for the duration of his contract. His position will update following a player's contract expiring and his being place on RFA or UFA or if his contract is renegotiated or if he is franchised. His position would update at the time a new contract is made following UFA or RFA or at the time of renegotiation or franchise.
If MFL changes the player's position, it is up to the team owner, or another league member to bring this to the attention of the commissioner. The commissioner and the league rules committee will not be responsible for monitoring player positions.
NOTE: This rule will apply to both negative and positive position changes marked by the MFL site or the player's team. A team cannot 'choose' to apply the rule or not apply the rule to a player.
Example: Cordarrelle Patterson was picked up as a WR in 2021 UFA and signed to 3 years. Atlanta changed his position to RB during the 2021 season. He would remain as a WR until the end of his 2021-2023 contract unless he is renegotiated. If renegotiated, his position would be updated at that time. If following is new contract as an RB, he is changed back to WR, he is locked in at RB until the end of that contract.

A little wordy, but I think I got the idea...
Also, from reading above, it looked like NFL.COM was the source of truth for the positions. If not, this will need to be defined.
Old May 22nd, 2022, 08:01 AM   #39
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

The real issue here is the classification of edge defenders. It seems that most of us consider edge defenders more DL and less LB. I'm really not in favor of locked in positions.

My preference would be more along lines of the true position, reclassifying edge defenders as DL, seeing if MFL can support edge defenders as a position, seeing if MFL can give commissioners option of classifying edge defenders as DL or LBs, monitoring your own team and reporting position changes, etc...over locked in positions.

As far as cutting, I'm good with what we do now, no cut for off-season (RFA/UFA) prior to contract declared, reduced 10% for any player after position change, or something along those lines.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2022, 01:00 PM   #40
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
The real issue here is the classification of edge defenders. It seems that most of us consider edge defenders more DL and less LB. I'm really not in favor of locked in positions.

My preference would be more along lines of the true position, reclassifying edge defenders as DL, seeing if MFL can support edge defenders as a position, seeing if MFL can give commissioners option of classifying edge defenders as DL or LBs, monitoring your own team and reporting position changes, etc...over locked in positions.

As far as cutting, I'm good with what we do now, no cut for off-season (RFA/UFA) prior to contract declared, reduced 10% for any player after position change, or something along those lines.
I agree with Patrick.
I only typed up the rule to be sure I understood what was being proposed.
I would much rather see true position used and set at the start of the regular season (although the position should be locked in for the season), with the responsibility falling on everyone to monitor themselves.
Also, discounted penalty for players picked up and dropped during the same off-season, if position changes between acquired and drop.
Old May 22nd, 2022, 02:01 PM   #41
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:

I can ask MFL if they plan on adopting this as an option.. Unless they've already done it, I doubt it will be changed this year
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old May 23rd, 2022, 02:05 PM   #42
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

I've submitted new ticket to MFL.

Nudging around setups, not seeing any flexibility to use any other hybrid IDP position...just DE/DL or LB....

They allow flex positions on Offense (WR+TE or WR+RB+TE) - but nothing similar for IDPs
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old May 23rd, 2022, 02:50 PM   #43
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher View Post
I've submitted new ticket to MFL.

Nudging around setups, not seeing any flexibility to use any other hybrid IDP position...just DE/DL or LB....

They allow flex positions on Offense (WR+TE or WR+RB+TE) - but nothing similar for IDPs
We can resolve the Edge position with the True Position edit that can be set to run automatically on MFL according to the post from FBG that John submitted. We just would have to come to agreement that whatever their logic/sources they use to define True Position are agreeable by our league. From what I read, I believe they use PFF as a source combined with snap by snap alignments to assign the position that most fits where the player actually lined up the most.

Last edited by Preds; May 23rd, 2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 03:44 PM   #44
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

Hopefully, MFL will come back with something promising...if not for this season, but future ones. If not this season, then it looks like the True Position resolves most if not all Edge positions. At least it looks like it would be easier to make a few manual adjustments instead of a bunch of them.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2022, 12:54 PM   #45
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

This was reply from MFL:
"We don't have any immediate plans to add an "Edge" type of position for the 2022 season. For now, leagues that want to create an Edge type of concept are using the "Change Player Position" option to create their own designations. They generally change LB's to DE's within their league to treat the DE position as the "Edge" when needed. That's probably the best option for this season if you want to create that type of setup."

So looks like 'True Position' is our option if we want to do this.
Someone want to put together a poll to use this option?
And who wants to take the task of figuring out how to use it, and take ownership, if passed?
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old May 29th, 2022, 09:40 PM   #46
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

Latest quote from footballguys link listed earlier in this thread:

This appears to be a quote from MFL!

We strongly recommend against using the site’s player positions for your league’s official positions

What???
Old May 29th, 2022, 10:11 PM   #47
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Latest quote from footballguys link listed earlier in this thread:

This appears to be a quote from MFL!

We strongly recommend against using the site’s player positions for your league’s official positions

What???
More reason to try True Position out for this season I think

Or are you saying True Position is saying not to use their positions? Confused now. One thing is certain, MFL is not gelling with Edge players and where to position them.
Old May 30th, 2022, 01:30 AM   #48
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

I am saying True Position seems to be a better choice than MFL position reassignments.
Old May 30th, 2022, 02:44 PM   #49
Preds
*****istrator

I've created a Poll to vote on using the True Position MFL Tool as the official source for assigning IDP positions. A majority vote is necessary for it to pass.