Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 28th, 2021, 08:00 PM   #1
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

A Zombie Pirate I Be is on a distinguished road
Questionmark Supplemental Draft Salaries question

Ok…. Sorry for all the questions, but while updating the rules, I am coming across a few things that need clarification. Not sure if you’ve ever had a Supplemental Draft in the frenzy league, but can someone clarify?

If a team is offering next seasons draft pick for a supplemental pick this year, how can the current season’s salary be based on a pick that is not known until the end of the season.

I think we need to specify a salary. Possibly an average of all salaries for that position for round or a specific pick in the round.

C. Supplemental Draft
The draft would consist of all interested teams e-mailing a 3rd party or blind source the player(s) they would like to draft, and what round & team's pick (since teams may hold others picks in the next years draft) they're willing to forego the following year to claim said player(s).

1. If a player is selected through the supplemental draft his salary would be based on the pick that was given up for him. If pick 2.5 was the winning pick and the player is a RB his salary will be $720.

2. You can offer any pick in the following years draft as long as you own said pick and specify which pick is being used, if you hold multiple picks in a round. This is what the Texans did to get Hollings (using the Raiders pick).
A Zombie Pirate I Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2021, 09:36 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supplemental Draft Salaries question

It's based on this years pick order. If say you picked 5th in the draft, and bid your 2nd round pick it would be pick and salary for 2.05. If you owned Opihi's 2nd round pick, you could bid with that pick (and again the pick and salary would be based on 2.01).
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2021, 12:46 AM   #3
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

OK, I will clarify this in the rules.

Draft pick surrendered is Next Year's Pick (specified by Round and either your natural pick or a traded for pick)

Salary is based on the Draft Position of your natural pick this year (or the natural pick this year of the owner of the traded for pick) for the surrendered round pick.

This text is not clear, but I understand the rule and will rework the wording to be sure it is clear. in the rules..
Old May 29th, 2021, 12:48 AM   #4
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Follow-up question... Has the Frenzy had a Supplemental Draft before? Just wondering how often (if ever) this would come into play?
Old May 29th, 2021, 01:04 AM   #5
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Here is what I am putting in the rules....

If a player is selected through the supplemental draft his salary would be based on:
o The round given up.
o The pick in that round corresponding to the current year draft order for the pick given up, according to the Rookie Salary Table.
Example1: If your 2022 2nd was given up for the player in the Supplemental Draft and your 2021 natural pick was pick 2.5 and the player is a RB, his salary would be based on the Rookie Salary Table for RB Pick 2.5 or $340.
Example2: If you made a trade with the Killer Bees for their 2022 3rd round pick and you offered that pick for the player in the Supplemental Draft and the Bees 2021 draft position was 4th and the player was a RB, the salary would be based on the Rookie Salary Table for RB Pick 3.4 or $230.

Last edited by A Zombie Pirate I Be; May 29th, 2021 at 01:07 AM.
Old May 29th, 2021, 10:51 AM   #6
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

Not very often. Josh Gordon and Terrell Pryor were the last ones that come to mind.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote