Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Newswire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old November 27th, 2002, 12:59 PM   #1
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road
Default Week 12 report from Sam Istician

Hudson Valley Undead-Priest Holmes’ 57.95 points was the highest ever for an Undead running back, and third highest RB score in league history. Christian Fauria’s 14 points was the highest ever for an Undead tight end, and highest for the franchise since David Sloan scored 8.9 points week 14 last year for the Cobras. The Undead’s team score of 163.05 was the 8th highest in league history. The combined score of the Undead/Predators game of 302.5 points was the 6th highest combined score in league history.

Parkwood Predators-Both of the Predators losses to the Hudson Valley Undead this year were in spite of top ten scores in Predators history. The Undead overcame scores of 133.95 (10th highest in Predator history) in week 2, and 139.45 (7th highest in Predators history) this week.

Detroit Wyverns-Stephen Davis’ 34.55 points was the second highest running back score in Wyverns history, behind only Deuce McAllister’s 40.85 in week 8.

Rabid Llamas-Defeated the Detroit Wyverns for the first time in 4 lifetime meetings (including the Dragon/Hounds matchups).

Jersey Toxic Waste-Extended their franchise best winning streak to 5 games. Terrell Owens’ 35.1 points was the second highest ever for a Toxic Waste receiver, behind only Owens’ own 40.8 points in week five of 2001. Their victory margin over the Mutts of 70.25 points was the 5th highest margin in league history.

Wonder Mutts-Set their franchise worst losing streak at 3 games. Scored their second lowest score ever, at 58.3.

Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects-Remained perfect against Urza’s Ragers, defeating them for the 4th time in 4 lifetime meetings, the only team to have beaten another team 4 times.

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers-Defeated the Nittany Dodgers (Garbage Dogs) for the first time in 4 meetings. The total score of the Squirrel Chasers/Dodgers game of 289.7 was the 9th highest scoring game in league history.

Urza’s Ragers-Joe Nedney’s 13.9 points was the second highest Rager kicker score ever.

Priest Holmes passed LaDanian Tomlinson and Marshall Faulk to become the most prolific running back in Feeding Frenzy history. Holmes has 547.5 points in 18 games for a 30.4 average compared to Faulk (519.6, 21, 24.7) and Tomlinson (503.3, 24, 21.0).

Rich Gannon passed Donovan McNabb to become the highest scoring quarterback in Frenzy history. Gannon has 579.3 points in 22 games for a 26.3 average, compared to McNabb’s 578.85 points in 23 games for a 25.2 average.

Happy Turkey Day, all!
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2002, 01:23 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Man, you are a stat geek Brian... this is great stuff. Keep it up!

:toast: :notworthy
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2002, 01:41 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Once again... no love for the Opihi... not even a bone! Okay... I hear ya... it's been that way all season... look out rest of the league, the OPIHI are on the move to a playoff spot!

;)
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2002, 01:42 PM   #4
Urza's Ragers
Feeding Frenzy

Urza's Ragers is on a distinguished road

Great stuff, but you couldn't put anymore stuff in there about my team except the damn kicker.:Alcoholic
Urza's Ragers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2002, 02:48 PM   #5
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Default ok ok

Two straight weeks with no love for the Opihi? How could I have let that happen. OK, just for you, Jim, I'll lower my standards of "notability."

Charlie Garner's 30.7 points was the 5th highets RB score in Opihi history, and Travis Henry's 26.35 points was the 7th highest.

Wow, I dug deeper, and thats still all I found.

Ragers, here you go too:

The Rager's 121.25 points was the 3rd highest in team history. Michael Vick's 26.95 points was the 7th highest QB score in team history, and third week in a row that Vick posted a top ten team score for the Ragers. Jacksonville's Defense score of 11 was the 8th highest Ragers' D score ever.

How's that?
Old November 27th, 2002, 02:50 PM   #6
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally posted by Parkwood Predators
Man, you are a stat geek Brian... this is great stuff. Keep it up!

This is the one and only instance that I will proudly accept being called a 'geek.'

OK, so I don't really proudly accept it, but since I can't deny it, I'll just pretend that I enjoy it.
Old November 27th, 2002, 06:35 PM   #7
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

The OPIHI have been appeased. Mahalo!

Now, to get us some Undead!!!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote