Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should you be allowed to announce your intentions of RFA prior to sale
Yes 3 27.27%
No 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Default Should you be allowed to announce your intentions of RFA prior to sale

This poll was put up in Frenzy, and since we had teams using this tactic here too, I thought I would put out a poll in SAC'd too.

If you vote yes, you are saying it is ok to continue to announce your intentions of signing or not, before a player has been bid upon, and/or sold.

If you vote no, then this practice will no longer be allowed.
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #2
pacificscrub
SAC'D

pacificscrub is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Should you be allowed to announce your intentions of RFA prior to sale

I really don't have strong feelings either way on this, but what's to keep an owner from simply emailing his thoughts (ie. not matching) as opposed to posting them? Does this rule really matter? Seems like what it's trying to do is unenforceable. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #3
bigmash33
SAC'D

bigmash33 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Should you be allowed to announce your intentions of RFA prior to sale

That is a very good point. I guess, in my opinion, emailing the people that are bidding takes a bit more effort and time than just posting it on the board.
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #4
PencilGeeks
General Member

PencilGeeks is on a distinguished road

IMO this is about collusion: and whether by email or posting, collusion is collusion .. and this rule makes it clear that within the SAC'D league collusion is not allowed. If an owner chooses to cheat by email then yeah there nothing can be done about that really..

"They got exits covered. All the exits underground.
I wish I could figure it out. But the world's upside down" - Foals
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

IMO, it's all in the spirit of fairness...I believe it can influence other people on who they might bid on and how much they may bid. It's supposed to be RFA bidding, and by saying you aren't going to match, it then becomes FA bidding. And what happens if someone states their intention, then changes their mind?

As for enforcing it, I think everyone here plays by the rules, so if its a rule, people will follow it...
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Closed Thread