Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old February 26th, 2020, 04:14 PM   #1
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Anti Tanking discussion

Bird brought this up, so let's discuss and see how people feel about this.

"This thread looks like it's for all proposed rule changes. If that's the case, then to both prevent tanking and to help those in contention, but who are prevented from resetting their lineup when late info comes in, I propose:

In the event a team has a player (or more) in their starting lineup who has been announced as out prior to the start of their game, that the commish be allowed to replace said player with an eligible bench player with the highest average points to date.

This would prevent the commish from having to make any decisions on replacing players based on matchups, favorites, etc. and would keep our matchups more competitive."
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2020, 04:17 PM   #2
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Default Re: Anti Tanking discussion

Side note, I check everyone's lineups on Sunday anyway, to make sure no one made Note substitutions, so this would not be too difficult to maintain.

My thought, if the lineup had not been submitted by the owner, prior to start of 1st game Sunday, then easy call to just sub out any inactives.

The hard part comes into play for game time decisions. I guess I think this should only happen for players who are declared inactive at least one day prior. This would take out any guess work. Sometimes players are declared inactive early Sunday morning, and you have time to make sub outs, but I think as long as a valid lineup was submitted, not much we can do about this?

If lineup submitted on say Wednesday, player declared inactive on Saturday, and no changes made, commish sub?
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old February 26th, 2020, 06:49 PM   #3
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

I don't know, if something like this was implemented I think it should include inacivs all the way up until gametime. Those are the killer inactives that often teams can't replace a player quickly enough.

Plus I think you'd be creating too much work for yourself by setting a deadline like the day prior. It's very easy to see a guy with 0 points and find out he was inactive (or hurt early in the game).

Heck, I'd be willing to consider limited injury substitutions in situations like this as well. Nothing suck more than losing a player early in the game.

Note I only speak for half of the RHP ownership, but these are my early thoughts on the subject
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2020, 09:46 AM   #4
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Bryan and I played in a league where we were able to designate injury substitutions when submitting our lineup. If a player went out with injury in 1st half, the designated sub was inserted into lineup by commish afterwards.

That is a whole other subject. The team you and Jim took over, Sam got too busy, and failed to submit lineups a couple times. I think Bryan's suggestion is to prevent this from happening. I have not seen anyone intentional tanking, just life getting in the way.
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old February 28th, 2020, 05:52 PM   #5
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

I play in a fantasy EPL soccer league with my son. They have 3 players we can designate as "reserve" in case something happens to one (or more) of our starters... like the coach doesn't put them in (which happens from time to time in soccer). If they record a "0" because they didn't play, then the first reserve's points come in to play. If two starters don't get in, then 2 subs' scores count (given they actually made it in).

I work on Sunday mornings, so Mike will have to be the "last minute lineup changer" for our team. Being on the West Coast, I often don't hear who's declared inactive on game day prior to the kickoffs.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote