Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Poll: Are you in favor of the proposed emergency Covid rules outlined in this thread?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Are you in favor of the proposed emergency Covid rules outlined in this thread?

Old July 30th, 2020, 01:39 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Poll Rules Vote on Covid-IR and Covid-Opt-Outs

NOTE, normally a unanimous vote would be required at this time, however, I'm also proposing that the Commish elect emergency powers to allow a majority vote to apply for this unprecedented situation

I propose that we have a Covid-IR (CovIR) with the criteria below:
  • Any player listed as Reserve-Covid is eligible up until the point they're taken off the list by their NFL team
  • An unlimited number of players will be allowed on this list, if your team loses a player to the NFL's Reserve-Covid list they automatically move to Frenzy/SACD's Covid-IR.
  • Once on Covid-IR the entire players contract doesn't count against the cap until the moment they're taken off the Covid-IR list
  • 1 contract year is forgiven for players placed on Covid-IR
  • UFA's picked up as 1 year replacements at or below the Covid-IR players salary will be automatically cut without penalty the moment the NFL team removes the player off the NFL's Reserve-Covid list. Basically, pickup any UFA at or below the Covid players salary for a 1 year deal and you will not be penalized for the replacements cut when the Covid player is removed off the list by their NFL team
  • Teams will not receive cap hit relief on replacement UFA's if they either assign a replacement for multiple years OR bid above the Covid players salary.
NOTE - for players in Active Bidding, upon acquisition you must designate a player as a Covid-replacement for X player for the Covid IR rules to apply. If the player is signed to a 1 year contract at a salary at or below the Covid-IR player, that would mean no cap hit and immediate release when the Covid-IR player returns. If you assign a UFA multiple years or a contract above the Covid-IR player's contract, they would NOT be eligible for any salary cap relief, and teams could cut any other player as normal within 24 hours (at the normal cap hit penalty) to make room for the returning player.

As for Covid-Opt-Outs, I propose that we have a Covid-Opt-Out Squad (CovOOS) with the following terms:
  • Any player that officially opts-out with their NFL team is eligible for the Opt-Out Squad(once the paperwork is officially submitted to the league. Players that officially opt out cannot reverse their decision at any point and are out the entire 2020 season.
  • An unlimited number of players are eligible, however, they MUST be on your roster the day their Opt-Out becomes official with the NFL (ie no FA pickups to stash on the Covid Opt-Out squad)
  • Players placed on the Frenzy/SACD Covid Opt-Out Squad are out for the entire 2020 Season
  • Their contract will NOT count against the teams cap for 2020
  • Contract years must be assigned by the Frenzy/SACD team prior to be eligible for the Covid-Opt-Out Squad (teams can declare years, then place on the Covid Opt-Out Squad)
  • 1 contract year is forgiven for players placed on Covid Opt-Out squad
  • Contract years WILL toll (meaning if a multiple year deal they come back in 2021 with 1 year less and normal applicable salary increases)
  • If a player is on a 1 year deal, they will be RFA eligible in 2021, else they become a UFA
  • If a team needs to cut a Covid Opt-Out Squad player at some point to make room with contract years on their roster, the NORMAL CAP HIT will apply
NOTE - I didn't include relief on all contract years as you still have the advantage of bringing this player back in 2021 under the 2021 terms of the contract. It's as if the 2020 season played and they sat on IR all year except NONE of the contract $'s count against the team, and like IR they get 1 year relief on contract years, but any above 1 still count. Come 2021, the contract would roll over as normal into whatever the normal 2021 terms would be at the normal salary increase and 1 year deducted from their contract years.

Last edited by Preds; August 1st, 2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Grammar
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 05:42 PM   #2
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rules Vote on Covid-IR and Covid-Opt-Outs

I've texted the folks who have not voted yet...two are out of the country, but are pretty active, so should be on at some point...hopefully the rest will follow soon...
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 11:14 PM   #3
Miners
SAC'D

Miners is on a distinguished road

I VOTED .... now where is my damn sticker!
Miners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 12:33 AM   #4
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miners View Post
I VOTED .... now where is my damn sticker!

Here yah go!!!
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old August 6th, 2020, 06:47 PM   #5
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

we will go ahead and mark this as PASSED - it is assumed Dave has no objections.

We will also follow along with what Frenzy does, as there is still discussion going on regarding interpretation:
http://www.predsff.com/forums/showth...446#post159446

Feel free to post any thing here also if further clarification is needed, after reviewing Frenzy discussion.

Thanks all!!
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old August 6th, 2020, 07:58 PM   #6
Shiners
SAC'D

Shiners is on a distinguished road

yes, all good. I was only going to the free agent board and missed this.
Shiners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2020, 12:34 AM   #7
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

emerald is on a distinguished road

Just Checking...in SACD I had RB Damien Williams KC (1980/1) opt out of the 2020 season and he has been moved there on the MFL site. I was surprised to see my cap hit with half of his 1980 cb cost (like regular IR players). I read the rule poll approved as forgiving ALL his salary for the 2020 season.
Old September 10th, 2020, 09:57 AM   #8
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post
Just Checking...in SACD I had RB Damien Williams KC (1980/1) opt out of the 2020 season and he has been moved there on the MFL site. I was surprised to see my cap hit with half of his 1980 cb cost (like regular IR players). I read the rule poll approved as forgiving ALL his salary for the 2020 season.
Sorry John..I've not had a chance to check out if MFL can handle Covid differently. I might have to manually adjust - I'll try and check it out today and see what needs to be done...
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old September 10th, 2020, 12:44 PM   #9
Scorpions
Administrator

Scorpions is on a distinguished road

we probably just need to move them to TS or PS, so no cap hit, and wed have to annotate that's why hes there. just a thought on how to handle it if MFL cant. so the players not really on the TS or PS, just a temp move to accommodate COVID.
Scorpions is offline   Reply With Quote