Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 11th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road
Surprise

Busted once again

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams tested positive for marijuana in April and will not be allowed to apply for reinstatement to the NFL until September, sources said.

Williams was suspended last year for violation of the substance abuse policy and was eligible to be reinstated this month, but the league's medical advisors that oversee Williams' personal rehabilitation program recently notified commissioner Roger Goodell of the positive test, sources said.

The doctors also recommended that Williams not be allowed to apply for reinstatement until September, sources said. The commissioner usually adheres to the advice of the medical advisors under the substance abuse policy.

"Falling off the wagon is part of rehab," a source said. "Based on the medical evidence in Ricky's case, the doctors say it's too early to come back. He had the positive test last month. Remember, he's been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder -- that's a real disease and a good percentage of those folks self-medicate with substances like marijuana, often at the moment they are about to have a high level of social interaction."

League spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL would have no comment, as did Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene.

David Cornwell, an attorney who has represented Williams during his substance abuse cases, said he would honor the confidentiality policies in effect with another no comment.

Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Surprise

WHAT!?!?!?! I just don't believe it. I thought for SURE Rickey would stay clean. Shocking. Just shocking.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Surprise

My son, Ezra, is 12... and a big NFL fan. The Dolphins are one of the teams he likes to follow (along with the Saints). I updated him this morning on Rickey's latest escapade... and his response:

"Oh my gosh! Why doesn't he just suck on lollipops instead?! He could buy a kajillion lollipops!!!"

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote