Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Free Agency & the Waiver Wire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old August 14th, 2017, 08:17 AM   #1
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

emerald is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Demote WR Will Fuller Houston (264/4) to Taxi Squad

I promoted Fuller to Active Squad last year after the 2nd game.
Making room for Active WR without a broken collarbone.

Last edited by Preds; August 14th, 2017 at 09:29 AM.
emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Demote WR Will Fuller Houston (264/4) to Taxi Squad

Demoted to TS and Salary increased 75cbs (15 weeks active x 5cbs).
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 02:53 PM   #3
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

I'm sure John is loving this new rule!!
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 12:22 PM   #4
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

emerald is on a distinguished road

I am even though I prefered the idea of demoted active squad players becoming vulnerable to other teams claim. However, to reply to your comment, YES I am very much loving the reduced penalty for demoting Will Fuller!!!

Last edited by emerald; August 15th, 2017 at 12:26 PM.
emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 12:32 PM   #5
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post
I am even though I prefered the idea of demoted active squad players becoming vulnerable to other teams claim. However, to reply to your comment, YES I am very much loving the reduced penalty for demoting Will Fuller!!!
It's a good rule change that will make our TS's act more like taxi squads and allow us to pull guys up and send them back down if production, injuries or whatnot necessitates.

I liked the waiver idea as well but didn't gain enough traction. The change to 5cb's per week active was a nice compromise.
Old August 16th, 2017, 12:14 AM   #6
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

chasmvp19 is on a distinguished road

So this rule you will follow...just checking...still not sure which ones really matter...

2017 Frenzy Bowl (Runner-Up)

Last edited by chasmvp19; August 16th, 2017 at 12:15 AM. Reason: used bad words and had to change them....
chasmvp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #7
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmvp19 View Post
So this rule you will follow...just checking...still not sure which ones really matter...
Seriously Chuck? :confused:
Old August 16th, 2017, 12:15 PM   #8
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Mike's a pretty "by the rules" kind of guy. Gotta give him that. He doesn't look for loopholes... just works to change ones that don't make sense (or need to be updated).
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #9
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Hawaiian Opihi View Post
Mike's a pretty "by the rules" kind of guy. Gotta give him that. He doesn't look for loopholes... just works to change ones that don't make sense (or need to be updated).
I believe he's referring to allowing trades where the receiving team is allowed to let the trading team know the number of years they want on off-season UFA's they are receiving via trade. Something that has been allowed for as long as I can remember and is not collusion.
Old August 16th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #10
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Guess I missed that thread discussion. Yah, that's legal. Sign & trade. It's just not legal with the RFA's... which is why we imposed the RFA player freeze until mid-August a few years back.
Old August 18th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #11
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
Seriously Chuck? :confused:
I think what he is trying to say is...order the Bouillabaisse!!
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old August 19th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #12
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

Actually what I am saying is that I am tired of hearing the phrase...we have always done it that way...or...we have allowed it in the past...its wrong and I will address it in a proposed rule change for next season...

The main reason is that the newer players,,,me, Mike (Bees), and Rick - only have the actual words in the rules to be able to follow...we dont know all the ins and outs of skirting the rules as written...I am actually kind of sick of it to be honest...I am still pretty upset about the issue with Dale and roster stuff...caused alterations to my team and bids that I would have preferred to be different had he not broken the rules...regardless, you get the picture...I am all about having fun as long as we all get to have the same level of fun by following the rules as they are written...

Old August 19th, 2017, 07:14 PM   #13
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

Those will be my last words on this...like you guys have said before - if you dont like a rule, submit a change...I will keep following that sage advice...

BTW: I am not complaining (well, a little), I just have a little bitterness left over I am trying to spit out...

Old August 19th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #14
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

As commish, I'm not a proponent of SKIRTING THE RULES. If it appears that those of us who've been in the league are perpetuating a "good old boys" network of giving the shaft to the newbies, then call me on it. Please.

You don't know me, but let me tell you my bottom line: I'm a spirit of the rules guy who wants EVERYONE to have a good time. I take this very seriously, and seek to make the league fair and fun for everyone.

We can change the rules, as they need to be changed. I fact, there have been a number of changes in recent years. Maybe not as many as you might like, but convince us otherwise so we can come over to your side on issues.

This league should be one where EVERY team has a chance EVERY season... as long as owners are willing to take an active role in managing. If at any point it looks like leadership (pointing to myself) is getting in the way of that, SPEAK UP.

I'm on vacation right now... not able to research what the issue with Dale was... but please PM me or provide me a quick link and I'll re-examine what decision was made and what I was thinking behind my ruling. Not sure that'll ease your frustrations, but it may help you reconsider the motivation behind my commissioning.
Old August 19th, 2017, 10:15 PM   #15
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

Sir,
I celebrate your enduring relationship with you and hope only good memories as you enjoy the anniversary vacation...don't worry about this stuff while enjoying your time...

I appreciate your words and wisdom in running this league...the incident was handled per the rules...I was just affected more imo as I was bidding against him on some same players and then bailed AND then the rules were broken...so the outcome and my roster may have been different, but who can really say...it's over now and my squad is what it is - for now...

I have worked to alter some rules with some success and some failure...I will continue to work the process when I see inequity...thank you for the chat...

As I see us mirror NFL as close as possible - no gm gets to ask another owner how many years are assigned in a trade...the whole contract goes money and years...in UFA esp since you bid against every owner to sign guy, then you "work" with another owner during a trade on years??? Doesn't seem right to me, but hey I'm still new working out that gray area, no matter how long it has been acceptable...

Old August 19th, 2017, 11:32 PM   #16
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
As I see us mirror NFL as close as possible - no gm gets to ask another owner how many years are assigned in a trade...the whole contract goes money and years...in UFA esp since you bid against every owner to sign guy, then you "work" with another owner during a trade on years??? Doesn't seem right to me, but hey I'm still new working out that gray area, no matter how long it has been acceptable...
While we mimic the NFL in many ways, we are by far an exact replica. Our RFA, UFA, and even Rookie Draft processes are entirely different.

By design we give teams the entire off-season to declare years for UFAs, RFA's, and Draft Picks to allow teams the ability to fully shape their roster before deciding on how to distribute the limited years we have to work with (keep in mind there are no year caps in the NFL).

That said, we do require years be declared in the event a UFA, RFA, or Rookie player is cut or traded. In the event of a trade, do indeed allow the receiving team of a UFA or Rookie to discuss the number of years they'd like assigned before a trade is made.

Further, while RFA trades are banned during the off-season, teams can coordinate a trade to take effect once the RFA trade freeze is lifted, and in these rare instances teams can indeed discuss years to be assigned prior the trade taking effect (keeping in mind the trading team must be able to accommodate the years declared before the trade is made to the receiving team).

The league rules were intentionally setup to operate this way all the way back to day 1 of the league.

Last edited by Preds; August 19th, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old August 20th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #17
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Sir,
I celebrate your enduring relationship with you and hope only good memories as you enjoy the anniversary vacation...don't worry about this stuff while enjoying your time...

I appreciate your words and wisdom in running this league...the incident was handled per the rules...I was just affected more imo as I was bidding against him on some same players and then bailed AND then the rules were broken...so the outcome and my roster may have been different, but who can really say...it's over now and my squad is what it is - for now...

I have worked to alter some rules with some success and some failure...I will continue to work the process when I see inequity...thank you for the chat...

One way to look at it Chuck, when players are traded in the NFL, they will often renegotiate their contract. Since fantasy players do not speak, we are basically negotiating a contract with the player since they currently are not under contract. But you are right. We should probably have that in the rule book, that the trading teams can negotiate a contract with players being traded that are not currently under contract.
And no ones got the time

OUT---