Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 15th, 2018, 03:30 PM   #1
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

chasmvp19 is on a distinguished road
Cardinals Official ruling on Bell

I am requesting an official ruling on my contract with Bell. He is the only player in the NFL whose contract (since he doesn't have one) tolled...I am not sure who makes a final decision or what would be fair.
I do know that Cards have played most of the current season with over 2000 cbs against the cap with zero benefit and will finish the current season with the same issue. I for sure would like to see Bells contract stay the same cbs wise for next season possibly. He was on a 2 year deal. (2275/2). While I would prefer his whole deal stay at 2275/2 for 2019 since he did not play 1 down under this contract, I would hope the commish and rules committee would consider 2275/1 for the 2019 season. I know I am being selfish in this request, but I also feel the team has suffered plenty enough for the 2018 season. Thank you for at least considering this request.

2017 Frenzy Bowl (Runner-Up)
chasmvp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:55 PM   #2
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official ruling on Bell

I would have to disagree with this... At the beginning of the season I was a main cog in trying to acquire Bell and won the high bid. However, I was afraid to bid too high on Bell since he was going to hold out. I made mention of this and would have been willing to bid much higher if he would be guaranteed to play. The lower salary you received was because of this possible situation. Just my 2 cents
wchmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:20 PM   #3
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

I don't think many thought he would play ZERO this year or you would not have placed any bids. Regardless, it is in the commishes hands now. There is no precedent to fall back on nor similar situations via ir/suspension to compare. My request still stands.

Old November 15th, 2018, 06:36 PM   #4
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

You know my position on this. Whether he played a single game or not on an NFL Contract is irrelevant when it comes to his Frenzy contract. A player does not have to be on an NFL team or under a NFL contract to be tendered a Frenzy contract. They only have to have been exposed to the Frenzy draft or supplemental draft at some point to be eligible for a Frenzy contract (UFA/RFA or rookie contract).

In this case Bell was drafted, finished his rookie deal and then went through the RFA process and was given a 2 year contract. 2018 tolls year 1 of his contract, regardless of his NFL situation. Year 2 of the contract goes into effect May 1, 2019.

I know it’s not the news you want to hear, but I don’t feel any other decison fits within the scope of our contract rules.

Last edited by Preds; November 15th, 2018 at 06:40 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:26 PM   #5
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

We actually haven't had precedent in this particular situation... but we have with suspended players. In fact, Martavis Bryant was on my team with a long-term contract when he was suspended for a year. I had to make the decision to keep or cut him at that time.

Because you've posted here, I will take it to the rules committee for a decision. I'll post a response from the committee early next week.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #6
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

Thank you for considering this request. I'm sure you and the rest of the committee will give this request the thoughtfulness it deserves and weigh the facts of the situation.

Old November 15th, 2018, 10:50 PM   #7
Scorpions
Administrator

Scorpions is on a distinguished road

Based on our contract structure, a player regardless if he actually plays in a year is rolled into the next year with the increase by 10% + any bonuses for productivity.
Unfortunately this case falls within, in my opinion same as if he would have been injured in training camp and out for the year. In this case he played no time on his contract, but still rolls into next year with the same 10% bonus as a non injured player. This is just part of the risk we all take on any one player.
You still have the rights to one heck of a ball player, hopefully he finds a good team next year.
Scorpions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 10:37 AM   #8
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

Minus the fact I didn't have the opportunity to put him on IR and have some sort of cap relief...EVER...

Old November 17th, 2018, 10:50 AM   #9
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmvp19 View Post
Minus the fact I didn't have the opportunity to put him on IR and have some sort of cap relief...EVER...
Suspended or retired players aren't IR eligible either. No cap relief in those situations. This is more similar to a suspended or retired player than an injured one.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 01:00 PM   #10
Scorpions
Administrator

Scorpions is on a distinguished road

that is a better example.
you can always cut him or trade him for cap relief. But im sure you were holding on hoping he would come back, which we all know now didn't happen. as I pointed out before, you still have him at a great cap number for next year as long as he goes to a run team. but that's the risk we all take.

Last edited by Scorpions; November 17th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
Scorpions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2018, 09:58 AM   #11
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

Oakland and Green Bay seem to be the favorites...Jones may be limiting the GB prospects...but imagine Rodgers with that shiny new toy...

Old November 19th, 2018, 12:36 PM   #12
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Okay, Chuck... I promised a ruling after the weekend. The rules committee has discussed and debated your request. And though this clearly is new territory for the Frenzy league, we feel that it lies more closely with a suspended player's circumstance. Bottom line is all Frenzy contracts are guaranteed the moment they are sold... whether a player actually sees the field in the NFL season or not (due to holdout, suspension, retirement, injury, etc.). So as far as the league is concerned, Bell's contract will move into year 2 next off-season, if he remains on your team. I know that's not the response you were hoping to hear, but it seems most consistent with the rules we have in place. Of course, you're always welcome to make a rule change request to the league. However, this is such an isolated case (and doubtful if/when it will occur again)... but it's your call.
Old November 19th, 2018, 02:22 PM   #13
chasmvp19
Feeding Frenzy

Just wanted something in writing for precedence setting...now I have it...thanks for taking the time to do this...

Old November 19th, 2018, 02:29 PM   #14
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

You're welcome. Thanks for bringing it up for "official precedence."