Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Poll: Are you in favor of creating a Draft Seeding Bracket (DSB) as proposed in this revision?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Are you in favor of creating a Draft Seeding Bracket (DSB) as proposed in this revision?

Old April 20th, 2022, 12:10 AM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Poll REVISED Proposal - Bottom 6 Draft Seeding Bracket (DSB) for the 1st 6 draft picks **FAILS**

This is a REVISION of my original proposal that would create a Draft Seeding Bracket (DSB) composed of the 6 non-playoff teams that will occur after the regular season during weeks 15-17 of the NFL season. This revision puts some curbs in place so that no team can move up or down more than 3 picks. In fact since BYES will be granted to the teams with the 12th and 11th best records, these 2 teams will not drop out of the top 3-4 picks as they can drop no more than 2 slots in the draft.

DSB Seeding will be as follows:
  • 1 seed - non-playoff team with the 12th best record
  • 2 seed - non-playoff team with the 11th best record
  • 3 seed - non-playoff team with the 10th best record
  • 4 seed - non-playoff team with the 9th best record
  • 5 seed - non-playoff team with the 8th best record
  • 6 seed - non-playoff team with the 7th best record*
    *6th seed will have been eliminated from playoffs due to fewer All Play wins
Tie-breakers for seeding the Draft Seeding Bracket will be the same as the Frenzy/SACD Bowl Brackets (just in reverse). Thus the brackets will be set up in reverse order for both seeding and who the teams will face each week to give the worst teams the best chance to advance. HFA will apply to the higher seed if applicable.

Performance within the DSB will determine Draft Position. By winning the bracket a team can move up no more than 3 draft slots from their original finish. This means the original 6 seed can draft no higher than 3rd overall, the 5th seed no higher than 2nd overall, and seeds 1-4 all will have a shot at the #1 pick.

Further, the 2 teams with the worst overall records will be seeded 1 and 2 and given week 15 BYES which setup the following potential finishes for each seed:
  • 1 seed (12th best record) will draft anywhere from 1-3 (since once a team is eliminated the highest seed will always get the higher pick)
  • 2 seed (11th best record) will draft anywhere from 1-4
  • 3 seed (10th best record) will draft anywhere from 1-6
  • 4 seed (9th best record) will draft anywhere from 1-6
  • 5 seed (8th best record) will draft anywhere from 2-6 (since they can only move up 3 spots at the max)
  • 6 seed (7th best record*) will draft anywhere from 3-6 (since they can only move up 3 spots at the max)
    *6th seed will have been eliminated from playoffs due to fewer All Play wins
To further aid the chances for the bottom teams, week 15 and week 16 matchups will be seeded in reverse order so that the worst team always hosts the next worst seed. For example:

DSB Week 1 (NFL week 15)
  • BYE 1 seed (12th overall)
  • BYE 2 seed (11th overall)
  • 5 seed (8th overall) at 3 seed (10th overall)
  • 6 seed (7th overall) at 4 seed (9th overall)
Losing teams will be seeded 5th and 6th in the draft (with the higher seed getting the better pick). For example if the 3rd seed and 6th seed lost this week, the 6 seed would get the 6th pick in the draft and the 3 seed would get the 4th pick.

DSB Week 2 (NFL week 16)
  • highest remaining seed at 1 seed (12th overall)
  • lowest remaining seed at 2 seed (11th overall)
The losing teams will be seeded 3rd and 4th in the draft (with the higher seed getting the better pick).

For example in the DSB Week 1 scenario above, the 4 and 5 seeds advanced, thus the 4 seed would face the 1 seed and the 5 seed would face the 2 seed. If seeds 1 and 4 were to win, the losing 2 seed would get the 3rd pick in the draft and the losing 5 seed would get the 4th pick in the draft.

DSB Week 3 (NFL week 16)
  • lowest remaining seed at highest remaining seed
Winner gets the 1st pick, loser gets the 2nd. In this case say the 4 seed beats the 1 seed, the 4th seed would get the #1 pick in the draft while the 1 seed would get the #2 pick.

Once seeding is assigned from the DSB bracket, that seeding will apply to ALL rounds of the draft.

Last edited by Preds; April 20th, 2022 at 03:53 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2022, 10:03 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Default Re: REVISED Proposal - Bottom 6 Draft Seeding Bracket (DSB) for the 1st 6 draft picks

Still need votes from:
  • Vegas Pencil Neck Geeks
  • Scorpions

Last edited by Preds; May 3rd, 2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 11:39 PM   #3
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

A Zombie Pirate I Be is on a distinguished road
Default Re: REVISED Proposal - Bottom 6 Draft Seeding Bracket (DSB) for the 1st 6 draft picks

Question. On the vote showing 6-5. Would this be 5-5. It shows both Preds and Royal HI Opihi vote "Yes". They should only have 1 vote...
A Zombie Pirate I Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2022, 10:33 AM   #4
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
Question. On the vote showing 6-5. Would this be 5-5. It shows both Preds and Royal HI Opihi vote "Yes". They should only have 1 vote...
I edited the poll deducting Jim's vote as our votes combined count as one. The currently tally now shows correctly as 5-5 and sadly looks likely to fail.

Can't wait to watch teams continue to tank mid-season and essentially run on autopilot only to get rewarded with higher draft seeding.

Last edited by Preds; May 4th, 2022 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 4th, 2022, 11:36 AM   #5
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

Assumed each of us would have 1/2 vote... wasn't trying to rig the system at all.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2022, 02:52 PM   #6
pacificscrub
SAC'D

pacificscrub is on a distinguished road

No one's accusing you of anything. Sometimes it's hard to catch all of the potential oopses on the websites.
Old May 4th, 2022, 03:00 PM   #7
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Hawaiian Opihi View Post
Assumed each of us would have 1/2 vote... wasn't trying to rig the system at all.
I assumed it was a just an oversite. Didn't think you were trying to pull a fast one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
The currently tally now shows correctly as 5-5 and sadly looks likely to fail.
Maybe we can revisit this next year. The only thing I didn't like was the possibility (or probability) of the 6th seed running the table to move up to an earlier pick. Just didn't think it was fair to the truly 'bad' teams.
Old May 4th, 2022, 03:19 PM   #8
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
I assumed it was a just an oversite. Didn't think you were trying to pull a fast one.

Maybe we can revisit this next year. The only thing I didn't like was the possibility (or probability) of the 6th seed running the table to move up to an earlier pick. Just didn't think it was fair to the truly 'bad' teams.

Look at the points vs record for 2021, there was minimal difference between teams 7-12 (2645-2876 points scored)... in fact, the worst team, points wise, finished 6-8 and ended up with the 4th seed and not the 1st seed. That seems more whack in my opinion.

Rick
Cell/Text: 719-237-0354
wchmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2022, 04:34 PM   #9
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

I'm concerned with a team that gets decimated by injuries. Sure they should still try to put together as competitive of a team as possible. However, sometimes it makes sense to trade away other players for draft capital and look forward to future seasons. I would hate to see a team decimated by injuries and looking forward to the future get penalized for not being able to win games in the DSB and end up with the 3rd seed when they were easily the worst team in the league.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2022, 06:10 PM   #10
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Swords View Post
I'm concerned with a team that gets decimated by injuries. Sure they should still try to put together as competitive of a team as possible. However, sometimes it makes sense to trade away other players for draft capital and look forward to future seasons. I would hate to see a team decimated by injuries and looking forward to the future get penalized for not being able to win games in the DSB and end up with the 3rd seed when they were easily the worst team in the league.
No one is saying you can't trade talent, but this is to encourage owners to REMAIN ACTIVE throughout the year, not just with trade dump offs and letting things ride the rest of the way. We want to encourage all teams to remain active with UFAs and to utilize their PS & TS to remain as competitive as possible. Unfortunately, we've seen some teams in both leagues that go on auto-pilot once they're out of it, and NOT make moves because they will impact the next years cap. This rewards teams for remaining active by giving them a playoff-bracket to compete for a higher draft pick.
Old May 4th, 2022, 06:57 PM   #11
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

What about 1v2, 3v4, and 5v6...two weeks...total score...play for that pick? Winner of 1v2 gets 1st, loser 2nd. Winner of 3v4 gets 3rd, loser 4th. Winner of 5v6 gets 5th, loser 6th. Any way to use MFL spread for handicapping the games? For example, base it off of top projected lineup score an hour before kickoff of first game of week. Underdog gets that many points added to score. Maybe makes above proposal a little more palatable for me anyway.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2022, 08:09 PM   #12
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Swords View Post
What about 1v2, 3v4, and 5v6...two weeks...total score...play for that pick? Winner of 1v2 gets 1st, loser 2nd. Winner of 3v4 gets 3rd, loser 4th. Winner of 5v6 gets 5th, loser 6th.
I could vote for this...
Old May 5th, 2022, 12:29 AM   #13
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

This one falls.. Next
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote