Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 25th, 2021, 09:24 PM   #1
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

A Zombie Pirate I Be is on a distinguished road
Questionmark Rules - Rewrite in Word

I have the rules rewrite in Word done and new rules added, but had a few questions or need clarification before posting.

1) Rookie Salaries:
Should TE and K salaries be corrected for picks 1.08, 1.09, and 1.10. The salary for the position decrease by 5cb each pick except between picks 1.07 and 1.08 where there is a 10cb drop.
I assume this is just a typo and the following would be correct
1.07: 120cb, 1.08: 115cb, 1.09: 110cb, and 1.10: 105cb

2) Taxi Squad
Can a UFA be put on the taxi squad?
RULE:
UFA's, RFA's and players traded for are ineligible for the Taxi Squad unless the player is a rookie or was on the trading partners Practice or Taxi Squad and meets all other Taxi Squad requirements.
So....If a Rookie is picked up through UFA during his rookie season, can he be placed on Taxi Squad. If Yes, does he need to be added during Preseason UFA or can he be added during In-Season UFA as well?
In this case, would this be considered a Rookie contract and subject to Rookie bonuses?
Example would be James Robinson RB Jax last season.

3) Annual Salary increase
When new salaries are calculated should they be rounded up, down, or nearest? Rules state round up, but currently salaries are round nearest. Should I update rules to round nearest to match what is being done. Not a big concern, only amounts to a few dollar each year.

4) Rules Changes.
Just wanted to confirm the following:
- rule changes that occur prior to or on May31 only require a majority and will be effective the current season.
- rule changes that occur after May31 require a unanimous vote to be effective the current season, but will be effective the following season if a majority vote.
A Zombie Pirate I Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2021, 10:52 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rules - Rewrite in Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
I have the rules rewrite in Word done and new rules added, but had a few questions or need clarification before posting.

1) Rookie Salaries:
Should TE and K salaries be corrected for picks 1.08, 1.09, and 1.10. The salary for the position decrease by 5cb each pick except between picks 1.07 and 1.08 where there is a 10cb drop.
I assume this is just a typo and the following would be correct
1.07: 120cb, 1.08: 115cb, 1.09: 110cb, and 1.10: 105cb

2) Taxi Squad
Can a UFA be put on the taxi squad?
RULE:
UFA's, RFA's and players traded for are ineligible for the Taxi Squad unless the player is a rookie or was on the trading partners Practice or Taxi Squad and meets all other Taxi Squad requirements.
So....If a Rookie is picked up through UFA during his rookie season, can he be placed on Taxi Squad. If Yes, does he need to be added during Preseason UFA or can he be added during In-Season UFA as well?
In this case, would this be considered a Rookie contract and subject to Rookie bonuses?
Example would be James Robinson RB Jax last season.

3) Annual Salary increase
When new salaries are calculated should they be rounded up, down, or nearest? Rules state round up, but currently salaries are round nearest. Should I update rules to round nearest to match what is being done. Not a big concern, only amounts to a few dollar each year.

4) Rules Changes.
Just wanted to confirm the following:
- rule changes that occur prior to or on May31 only require a majority and will be effective the current season.
- rule changes that occur after May31 require a unanimous vote to be effective the current season, but will be effective the following season if a majority vote.
1 is likely a typo and should decrease at the same 5cb progression

2 UFA's (including UFA rookies) are NOT eligible for Taxi or PS squad. That text doesn't belong there.

3 go with nearest as that's been the practice via the official Excel app since day 1

4 Rules changes are a majority vote prior to the official start of the Frenzy rookie draft in order to take effect that season. Once the rookie draft starts, a unanimous vote is required for the rule to take place that season, although a simple majority vote would still pass the motion to take effect the following season. The actual date depends somewhat on the NFL's changing timelines for the start of their new season, and the draft. This year June 1st is the specific date that the rookie draft starts, however, it has shifted in past years for various reasons thus I wouldn't hardcode the specific date and instead would use the terminology above. my

Last edited by Preds; May 25th, 2021 at 10:55 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2021, 11:10 PM   #3
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Thank you for the input. I will make the corrections as noted. I will post the doc in the next day or two. Just want to run through 1 more time as a proof read...
Old May 27th, 2021, 06:07 PM   #4
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

I also wanted to confirm the Season Timeline. There were a couple of updates needed that were inconsistent with the way things have gone the past two seasons that I have been in the league (probably old information) and I updated the "after the 3rd preseason week" per the discussion under "Frenzy League Chat".
I mostly wanted to be sure I got these clearly stated and correct.
Also, should we add a note to the Rookie Draft Start Date that it could be delayed if the RFA bidding goes past May31?

1E. Season Timeline (Important Dates)
April 23, at 11:59pm – RFA Declarations are due
April 30 at 11:59pm – Prior Season Ends: Soft Cap Period Ends
May 1st at 12:00am – New Season Begins
 Hard Cap Period Begins
 4th year Taxi Squad members rollover to Active Squad
 RFA Bidding Opens
May 31 at 11:59pm – RFA Bidding Closes
June 1st at 12:00am – Rookie Draft Begins
The first Monday following the rookie draft completion at 12:00am – Opening of the UFA Period
NOTE: this will be a flexible date each year that basically commences on the Monday morning following the completion of the Frenzy Rookie Draft.
The Sunday prior to the first regular season game at 12:00am – Injured Reserve Opens
The Sunday prior to the first regular season game at 11:59pm
 Off Season Free Agency Ends
 RFA/UFA/Rookie Declarations are due
The Monday prior to the first regular season game at 12:00am – Opening of In-Season Free Agency
NOTE: these will be flexible dates each year that fall on the Sunday or Monday before the first NFL game of the season. Approximately 4-5 days prior to the NFL season
October 31st at 11:59pm – Hard Cap Period Ends
November 1st at 12:00am – Soft Cap Period Begins
Wednesday prior to Week 13 Games at 11:59pm – Trade Deadline
Saturday of Week 14 Games at 11:59pm – In-Season Free Agency Ends
Tuesday after Week14 Games at 12:00AM – Post Season Free Agency Begins
Saturday of Week 17 Games at 11:59pm – Post Season Free Agency Ends
Tuesday after Week 17 Games – Opening of the Off-Season Period and Off-Season Trading
1F. Regular, Post, and Off Season Periods
Regular Season Period: The Monday prior to the first regular season game at 12:00am to Monday after Week14 Games at 11:59pm
Post Season Period: Tuesday after Week14 Games at 12:00am to Monday after Week 17 at 11:59pm
Off Season Period: Tuesday after Week 17 Games at 12:00am to Sunday prior to the first regular season game at 11:59pm

Last edited by A Zombie Pirate I Be; May 27th, 2021 at 06:09 PM.
Old June 4th, 2021, 07:41 AM   #5
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zombie Pirate I Be View Post
I updated the "after the 3rd preseason week" per the discussion under "Frenzy League Chat".
I mostly wanted to be sure I got these clearly stated and correct.

The Sunday prior to the first regular season game at 12:00am – Injured Reserve Opens
The Sunday prior to the first regular season game at 11:59pm
 Off Season Free Agency Ends
 RFA/UFA/Rookie Declarations are due
The Monday prior to the first regular season game at 12:00am – Opening of In-Season Free Agency
NOTE: these will be flexible dates each year that fall on the Sunday or Monday before the first NFL game of the season. Approximately 4-5 days prior to the NFL season
I am ready to post the rule updates; but since this didn't go through a vote, I wanted to confirm the changes to the above three dates.
The change will impact IR opening date, off-season UFA end date, and RFA/UFA/Draft declaration date.

The commish okayed the update in a separate post (http://predsff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33105), but it was never confirmed.

Let me know if I need to put these dates back to the "after the 3rd preseason week" language or if the above is acceptable.
Old June 4th, 2021, 08:51 AM   #6
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road

That works.
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2021, 08:54 AM   #7
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

Sweet... I will post the rules later today...