Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy League Chat
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old September 7th, 2004, 02:53 PM   #1
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road
Default Frenzy and CDL to swap Ghost writers!

Not sure if any of the other leagues would like to do this, but as my MBA career is winding down (taking my last class in the Fall term) I would be willing to resurrect Linus as a writer for one of the other leagues that uses these boards. If someone from one of those leagues would be interested in covering the Frenzy. This should make it a little easier to write (since you needn't worry about offending an opponent).

I would be willing to do a Tuesday/Friday thing again. Tuesday's could cover last week's action and Friday's could preview the upcoming weekend. Could also cover some offseason stuff like rookie drafts, Free agency, etc.

Mike- if you can round up someone to cover our stuff we can hammer out the details via e-mail.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Free Footballguys Stats Book - let me know if you want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
Not sure if any of the other leagues would like to do this, but as my MBA career is winding down (taking my last class in the Fall term) I would be willing to resurrect Linus as a writer for one of the other leagues that uses these boards. If someone from one of those leagues would be interested in covering the Frenzy. This should make it a little easier to write (since you needn't worry about offending an opponent).

I would be willing to do a Tuesday/Friday thing again. Tuesday's could cover last week's action and Friday's could preview the upcoming weekend. Could also cover some offseason stuff like rookie drafts, Free agency, etc.

Mike- if you can round up someone to cover our stuff we can hammer out the details via e-mail.
I love the idea Matt... let me see if we can find a guy from one of the other leagues to make it work.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #3
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road

Sounds good let me know which league we will be working with and we can go from there.
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:55 PM   #4
The Immortal Ramirez
PredsFF.com Portal News Reporters

The Immortal Ramirez is on a distinguished road

Matt / Mike,

I would be willing to work as the 'ghost' writer for your league. I haven't reviewed any of the teams or followed much, but I think it would be fun. I'll be back at work tomorrow (which will give me time to look it over - I mean, um, work).
If you want, I'd like to do that.

Matt,
Should I follow my own guidelines or are there certain things you specifically look for. I like the commentary on last weekend and preview for the upcoming.

If you want, I'm game... just let me know or p.m. me.

Ramirez
The Immortal Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #5
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Frenzy and CDL to Swap Beat Reporters

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Ramirez
Matt / Mike,

I would be willing to work as the 'ghost' writer for your league. I haven't reviewed any of the teams or followed much, but I think it would be fun. I'll be back at work tomorrow (which will give me time to look it over - I mean, um, work).

If you want, I'd like to do that.

Matt,

Should I follow my own guidelines or are there certain things you specifically look for. I like the commentary on last weekend and preview for the upcoming.

If you want, I'm game... just let me know or p.m. me.

Ramirez
Most excellant! Steve (Ramirez) is a member of the CDL and the CLOWNS leagues, but I believe he'll be covering as a CDL representative here.

What's nice about the CDL and the Frenzy working together is that both are cap/contract leagues.

While they both have their own unique spin on things (the Frenzy has smaller rosters, a bigger DS, and a much smaller cap whereas the CDL has harsher cut penalties and a cap in the millions of dollars instead of thousands) they also have enough similarities to make a swap of writers not too difficult.

I suggest the two of you work out a similar write-up format/schedule that will be somewhat consistent to both leagues.

Matt,

Can you give Steve (Ramirez) a headsup on what ideas you had in mind and perhaps exchange some PM's with him to familiarize each other with the peculiarities in each league and how you wish to cover them.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Once you guys work out the format let me know and I'll create a news post about it.

This should add some nice spice to both leagues! :thumbsup
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #6
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Frenzy and CDL to swap Ghost writers!

This will make it even more fun than it already is... thanks guys!
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #7
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

Awesome! I love it!
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #8
The Immortal Ramirez

Greetings Frenzy,

If you all are this far, you have probably already seen Preds article on the home page about ghost writers. I wanted to introduce myself. I will be writing under the pen name "Tank D'Season."

I have been watching football since 1972, but only joined the fraternity of fantasy football six years ago. This year is actually my first time being in a dynasty league (joined CDL in April). Please bear with me as I learn your scoring system.

Matt had a great idea that I would like to use with your league. This will help me get to know the team/owners more in depth to better understand your stratefies (assuming you have them) and hopefully allow me to write better articles. Please P.M. me with your replies (and they will be confidential) to the following questions:

Biggest rival:
I am most happy with my (please list players/positions and not personal features):
I am least happy with my (please list players/positions and not personal features):
This season will be a success if (what are your goals):
My biggest fear this year (is there an injury that would really cripple you):
I really want to acquire:
I really want to dump:
Players I am watching as possible picks in next years’ rookie draft:
Something that might surprise me about your team:
How long have you been a member of Frenzy:
Any other thoughts or comments that might be helpful:

I look forward to writing about the award-winning Feeding Frenzy League. This week will probably just cover head-to-head. Though, I will write in the future about draft critiques, trade analysis, standings commentary, etc.

This will be exciting and good luck in the season (I'll be nice now, since I haven't reviewed any of the teams yet).

Ramirez
(remember: there can be only one)
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #9
The Immortal Ramirez

There are four line-ups I'm still waiting for before I can do my preview for week 1.

I have a meeting from 7-9, so if you don't post it while I'm at work, I'll have to do it during the game...which I would prefer to watch the game only.

Thanks.
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:26 AM   #10
The Immortal Ramirez

Greetings, All. Tank D'Season here.
First of all, thank you for the compliments. I hope I can keep up this pace. Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to add or delete (except making fun of your teams if you deserve it...hey, I don't pull punches).
I just want to make this as enjoyable as I can for your league.
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #11
The Knights of Ni
Feeding Frenzy

The Knights of Ni is on a distinguished road

mistake post
The Knights of Ni is offline   Reply With Quote