Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy League Chat
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old December 6th, 2022, 07:29 PM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Breaking News Playoff Update (Preds locked in as the 6 seed despite losing record)

Crazy year, a losing record makes the playoffs (granted we have a winning All Play record). Who knows, maybe my loveable losers will go on a surprising run. Unlikely, but then that's why they play the games!

On the positive side, I met one of my goals to prevent Burt from getting a top 6 pick from my Preds (despite our 0-4 start to the season)! I'd love an upset Wild Card win so that the pick I foolishly gave away falls outside the top 8 as well. #shorttermgoals.

Ironically, Burt and I play each other for the final week of the regular season, yet the game will have no bearing on standings as Burt can't catch us in All-Play wins (12 game lead locks us in as the 6 seed), and even if he wins and the Burners lose, the Chickens are unfortunately still out of the playoffs due to a H2H loss to John.

Maybe that trade for James Cook will payoff in 2023. We'll see.

Anyhow here is how I calculated the playoff seeds (will work on the bracket to battle for the top pick later)

1 seed - The Pirates (10-3) are locked in at the top with H2H wins over all three 9-4 teams
2 seed - TBD (The Roosters (9-4) lock in the 2 seed and bye with a wk 14 win or with a Freedom (9-4) loss due to H2H win over Freedom. Freedom can get the 2 seed with a win and Roosters loss.
3 seed - TBD (Freedom (9-4) if the Roosters (9-4) win wk 14 or Freedom lose). Roosters can fall to the 3 seed with a loss and Freedom win.
4 seed - The Swords (9-4) are locked in at 4 as they can't win the division from Pirates due to two H2H losses
5 seed - The Opihi (7-6) are locked in as the 5 seed (H2H win over Burners (6-7)
6 seed - The Predators (5-8) are locked in as the 6 seed due to 76 All Play wins. None of the remaining teams have more than 64 wins (Chickens), and even with a perfect All-Play week in week 14, the max the Chickens can get to is 75 All-Play wins.

Last edited by Preds; December 7th, 2022 at 05:21 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2022, 07:33 PM   #2
Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Feeding Frenzy

Royal Hawaiian Opihi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playoff Update (Preds locked in as the 6 seed despite losing record)

The EAST still have 3 playoff teams... woot!
(Thanks for sorting this out, Mike... appreciate the write up!)
Royal Hawaiian Opihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2022, 08:30 PM   #3
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playoff Update (Preds locked in as the 6 seed despite losing record)

Thanks Mike!

Rick
Cell/Text: 719-237-0354
wchmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2022, 11:03 PM   #4
A Zombie Pirate I Be
Feeding Frenzy

A Zombie Pirate I Be is on a distinguished road

Thank you Mike. Will be nice to have a week off.
A Zombie Pirate I Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2022, 09:17 AM   #5
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

Congrats to Zombie Pirates for their 2nd Central Division title in 3 years!
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2022, 10:16 AM   #6
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Crap!
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote