Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Restricted Free Agents (RFA) Declaration and Bidding
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old May 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #31
benm3218
General Member

benm3218 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official 2008 SAC'd RFA Tenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeeks
Because, Benm, that would be entirely too simple and make too much sense!

This was discussed in the thread http://www.predsff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11108 where I championed the simple and sensible method you describe to no avail as this whole magical, convoluted, 'Predbrainland' method was subsequently rail-roaded through in a league poll about 3 weeks ago: http://www.predsff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12165

Please feel free to join me in the 'whatever' camp! Too funny! I am literally falling out of my chair now!
I hope it gets funny... now its just annoying.

Now I am getting scared I don't get the pick I thought I was getting. Oh boy...
benm3218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #32
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeeks
Because, Benm, that would be entirely too simple and make too much sense!

This was discussed in the thread http://www.predsff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11108 where I championed the simple and sensible method you describe to no avail as this whole magical, convoluted, 'Predbrainland' method was subsequently rail-roaded through in a league poll about 3 weeks ago: http://www.predsff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12165

Please feel free to join me in the 'whatever' camp! Too funny! I am literally falling out of my chair now!
Why make things simple now? Friggin
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #33
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
Also, I think the 36 Chambers should have a second, third, sixth (looks like they got a third, fourth and sixth) since they lost Shockey and Winfield. Though I may have screwed up when I did my calculations.
My fault there. I didn't have the tender levels handy, and entered the wrong tender level for Shockey in the Excel applet I created.

I't all fixed (with the 36 chambers moving into 2.13 and 3.13 based on tie-breakers.

I also showed some more work as to where the points were used and how the tie-breakers were applied.

If "na" is listed in a column, it's because those points have already been used in a higher round tie breaker. The 3rd tie-breaker after that is the draft order.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2008 SACD Comps version 2.pdf (61.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Preds; May 6th, 2008 at 05:06 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #34
pacificscrub
SAC'D

pacificscrub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by benm3218
I am completely lost. Why not just take my first round tender and give me a first round based on the original order. So, if I had pick 6 then I'd get the sixth pick of comped first rounders?
Because instead of making things both easier and more in line with how the NFL does it, the majority of the owners went with the "because it's closer to the way we've always done it" strategy. But hey, if that strategy was good enough for Bear Stearns...
pacificscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #35
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificscrub
Because instead of making things both easier and more in line with how the NFL does it, the majority of the owners went with the "because it's closer to the way we've always done it" strategy. But hey, if that strategy was good enough for Bear Stearns...
Newbies ALWAYS have a better way of doing things....except winning that is....
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #36
benm3218
General Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher
Newbies ALWAYS have a better way of doing things....except winning that is....
I didn't say my way was better but just that I didn't understand why you had such a wierd and complicated way of doing it.

But hey I guess you don't understand it well enough either to explain it to me. Thats ok, just keep using the newbie line! That ones solid gold for like a whole year!

<loser>
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #37
Shader
General Member

Shader is on a distinguished road

Ben just take the system that you're dealt with and ride your team to a sub-500 season. It's science.
Shader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #38
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benm3218
I didn't say my way was better but just that I didn't understand why you had such a wierd and complicated way of doing it.

But hey I guess you don't understand it well enough either to explain it to me. Thats ok, just keep using the newbie line! That ones solid gold for like a whole year!

<loser>
Oh Contraire, mon ami. It has been explained, several times, but like my teenagers who know everything already, all you hear is and refuse to listen. Now turn off your IPod, put down your phone and quit texting, and listen up one more time.....

The order is based on comp level of the player lost, and the amount over tender. Thus a team who lost two 1st's, will get the pick before the team who lost a 1st and a 2nd. If both teams lost two 1sts, then the top pick would go to the team who's amount over tender was higher. Once those teams are awarded their pick, those players are not used again in subsequent comp picks for those teams (otherwise we would be using the amount over tendered throughout, which was another option that failed). Thus the team that had a 1st and a 2nd, will pick after the team who had a 2nd and 4th, in the 2nd round, since their players were used as a tiebreaker in the 1st round.

Yes, this is a bit complicated, but it aint rocket science. We could go to the system the NFL uses to determine comperable worth of draft picks in trades, but we have to eventually start playing fantasy games, and trying to explain that would prolong the draft into the next decade.....
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #39
benm3218
General Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher
Oh Contraire, mon ami. It has been explained, several times, but like my teenagers who know everything already, all you hear is and refuse to listen. Now turn off your IPod, put down your phone and quit texting, and listen up one more time.....

The order is based on comp level of the player lost, and the amount over tender. Thus a team who lost two 1st's, will get the pick before the team who lost a 1st and a 2nd. If both teams lost two 1sts, then the top pick would go to the team who's amount over tender was higher. Once those teams are awarded their pick, those players are not used again in subsequent comp picks for those teams (otherwise we would be using the amount over tendered throughout, which was another option that failed). Thus the team that had a 1st and a 2nd, will pick after the team who had a 2nd and 4th, in the 2nd round, since their players were used as a tiebreaker in the 1st round.

Yes, this is a bit complicated, but it aint rocket science. We could go to the system the NFL uses to determine comperable worth of draft picks in trades, but we have to eventually start playing fantasy games, and trying to explain that would prolong the draft into the next decade.....

Whatever man... <tunes out and puts head phones back on>