Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Restricted Free Agents (RFA) Declaration and Bidding
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old April 3rd, 2006, 10:21 AM   #1
Mutts
General Member

Mutts is on a distinguished road
Texans RB Domanick Davis, Houston - SOLD for 1500 to the Gunslingers - NOT MATCHED

Last edited by Flaxwless; April 12th, 2006 at 04:23 AM.
Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RB Domanic Davis, Texans, 600

Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:03 AM   #3
Doggler
SAC'D

Doggler is on a distinguished road

Old April 5th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #4
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road

Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 04:04 PM   #5
Preds
*****istrator

Old April 7th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #6
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Default Re: RB Domanick Davis, Houston

Old April 9th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #7
Preds
*****istrator

Default Re: RB Domanick Davis, Houston - SOLD for 1500 to the Freedom - MATCH PENDING

Frank has until 8:21am ET Wednesday to match.
Old April 12th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #8
Flaxwless
Feeding Frenzy

Flaxwless is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RB Domanick Davis, Houston - SOLD for 1500 to the Gunslingers - MATCH PENDING

DECLINED

Bay Area Bloodsuckers

2008 SAC'D Champions
- 2nd Worst to First in Year!
2011 SAC'D Champions
- #5 seed, # 2 power rankings, #1 in the end!

Last edited by Flaxwless; April 12th, 2006 at 04:22 AM.
Flaxwless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #9
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Default Re: RB Domanick Davis, Houston - SOLD for 1500 to the Gunslingers - NOT MATCHED

Okay, this is wierd I could have sworn I got an e-mail saying he was Matched.

Anyhow, I was hoping he would not be so thank you Frank!!
Old April 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #10
Flaxwless
Feeding Frenzy

Default Re: RB Domanick Davis, Houston - SOLD for 1500 to the Gunslingers - NOT MATCHED

Yah I changed my mind like 5 times...

After awhile I just couldn't bring myself to match him, was working on some deal but they never came together.

Bay Area Bloodsuckers

2008 SAC'D Champions
2011 SAC'D Champions
Old April 12th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #11
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Cool. I was upset when I saw that you matched (when I was checking my e-mail) and then saw that you declined. Not sure what to expect (escpecially now that he is mine in the Frenzy as well) but hopefully he can contribute in some fashion.
Old April 12th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #12
randilover
SAC'D

randilover is on a distinguished road

I have a developing theory that HOU actually surprises everyone and takes Ferguson in the draft. Not sure why, I know Bush would help a team no matter what, but HOU would fix a huge problem in that OL if they get Fergy. Maybe that'll work our for you.
randilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #13
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road
Colts Re: RB Domanick Davis, Houston - SOLD for 1500 to the Gunslingers - NOT MATCHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by randilover
I have a developing theory that HOU actually surprises everyone and takes Ferguson in the draft. Not sure why, I know Bush would help a team no matter what, but HOU would fix a huge problem in that OL if they get Fergy. Maybe that'll work our for you.
They should trade the #1 pick to the Colts!

:swords = Colts :homer
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #14
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
From your lips to Kubiak's ears!! Actaully even with Bush I can't imagine they gave the Davis the deal they did expecting him to not get some touches each week.
Old April 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #15
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Freedom
From your lips to Kubiak's ears!! Actaully even with Bush I can't imagine they gave the Davis the deal they did expecting him to not get some touches each week.
I can't believe as bad as Houston is, with a back as good as Dom (not that he is all world, but definitely good enough to get the job done) they should definitely trade down, get some more players, and fill an actual position of need. Even if Bush is as good as they say (which I am pessimistic of), Walter Peyton didn't make Chicago a contender until he had some talent around him. One player, even an amazing running back, does not a team make. Barry Sanders anyone?
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #16
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany Dodgers
I can't believe as bad as Houston is, with a back as good as Dom (not that he is all world, but definitely good enough to get the job done) they should definitely trade down, get some more players, and fill an actual position of need. Even if Bush is as good as they say (which I am pessimistic of), Walter Peyton didn't make Chicago a contender until he had some talent around him. One player, even an amazing running back, does not a team make. Barry Sanders anyone?
Do you have the first pick? Wanna talk.
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 01:17 AM   #17
Flaxwless
Feeding Frenzy

This was a tough decision. I was trying to make som deals to get some cap room to match, but nothing came together.

There is no chance Houston trades DD, b/c they'd have to absorb all of his signing bonus and him getting an extension last year makes that impossible. No way they take Fergueson #1, they'd be better served shopping the pick for a team that wants Reggie.

He'll get his touches and at 1500 is not at a bad price, but after acquiring Vick, Rudi, and Chambers I have very little room left.

Bay Area Bloodsuckers

2008 SAC'D Champions
2011 SAC'D Champions
Old April 13th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #18
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher
Do you have the first pick? Wanna talk.
Unfortunately I do not have the #1.
Old April 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #19
Doggler
SAC'D

Quote:
My sentiments exactly.

The question is...who actually WOULD be willing to trade up for Bush? The Texans surely would not want to drop very far...assuming Ferguson is their best fit, and even throwing out the longshot scenario that they'd be fine with Justice, that would limit them to top 3-4 (or maybe 8 in the latter scenario)

New Orleans likely wouldn't pay any premium to draft Bush when they could use Ferguson....(many of the mocks say they'll take Mario Williams but DE isn't one of their weaknesses either)

Tennessee looks like a lock to take one of the QBs. With Brown and Henry, their backfield is already a bit crowded anyway.

The J-E-T-S? Yes, they could desparately use a stud RB, and someone like Bush has star potential written all over him. It would be a good fit...BUT...they don't need a RB anymore than they need a franchise QB, LT, or DE. So I don't see it.

Packers? This one is interesting. Working for this would be that of all the teams picking in the top 8 or so, the Pack is closer to being "just one player away" than any of the others. Not that Favre is the GM (I have opinions on the soap opera but will withold them for now) but moving up to draft Bush would absolutely, 100% guarantee Favre sticking around. Despite having needs, OT and DE aren't high on the list. If they sign Arrington, LB becomes much less of a need as well. HOWEVER...Green, Davenport, and Gado is a crowded backfield already, and only Gado has any trade value due to his small contract...event then it's minimal. Would the Pack be willing to let go of their 2nd plus next years 1st just to move up 4 spots? Not terribly likely. Would Houston be able to get Ferguson at 1.5? Hard to say, but again, not terribly likely. If both Tennessee and the Jets grab QBs then that means either Ferguson or Williams is available at 1.5, though.

As for the Niners, Raidahs, and beyond...I think the chances of Houston being willing to drop down any further than 1.5 are extremely low unless they covet Justice(haven't heard anything that might suggest that)

So, despite the fact that it makes sense to NOT draft a guy at basically your ONLY position that isn't a need position, I just don't know how Houston would be able to move 1.1/Bush. So sad.
Old April 13th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #20
randilover
SAC'D

I can actually see the Jets moving up to take the RB. But other than that, it would have to be someone from way down the list, cause the other teams don't really have that "need" at RB. And HOU would have a shot at Fergy there, maybe, and TEN is taking Leinert, that leaves that 4 slot open to Ferg or Justice. They traded for Ramsey so they don't need Young or Cutler, and a DE is a need, but Williams may be taken by NO (although that doesn't seem likely, but who knows). NO is the wildcard in all of this. They really have no glaring need for that #2 slot with Brees signed, and the talent that is available in this draft. What a great thing the draft can be!
Old April 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #21
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randilover
I can actually see the Jets moving up to take the RB. But other than that, it would have to be someone from way down the list, cause the other teams don't really have that "need" at RB. And HOU would have a shot at Fergy there, maybe, and TEN is taking Leinert, that leaves that 4 slot open to Ferg or Justice. They traded for Ramsey so they don't need Young or Cutler, and a DE is a need, but Williams may be taken by NO (although that doesn't seem likely, but who knows). NO is the wildcard in all of this. They really have no glaring need for that #2 slot with Brees signed, and the talent that is available in this draft. What a great thing the draft can be!
The only downside being, that with various teams' position in the draft, and needs not matching up, combined with a lot of talent, there are going to be a lot of guys going into less than optimal places (for FF purposes).
Old April 13th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #22
randilover
SAC'D

Quote:
The only downside being, that with various teams' position in the draft, and needs not matching up, combined with a lot of talent, there are going to be a lot of guys going into less than optimal places (for FF purposes).
Yes, good point. Reggie Bush is case in point. If he goes to HOU, he's sharing with DD. NO, it's McAlister, TEN won't take him, so the only really good place from a fantasy perspective is going to be the NYJ. After that, GB, SF, and OAK would be ugly as well.
Old April 13th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #23
Doggler
SAC'D

IMO SF would make him a FF monster in year 1. All he really needs is no other quality backs - quality of the team won't affect him that much IMO. Look what DD did receiving out of the backfield on a horrific offense...I'm sure Bush would have 80+ receptions in SF.

Gore and Barlow are both near garbage as long-term solutions IMO. At least when compared to Bush.
Old April 13th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #24
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggler
IMO SF would make him a FF monster in year 1. All he really needs is no other quality backs - quality of the team won't affect him that much IMO. Look what DD did receiving out of the backfield on a horrific offense...I'm sure Bush would have 80+ receptions in SF.

Gore and Barlow are both near garbage as long-term solutions IMO. At least when compared to Bush.
True, but like Houston, SF has so many other areas of major need. RB is the most replacable position on offense. A team as bad as these at the top of the draft makes a mistake going RB this high, but that's just my opinion.