Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 30th, 2020, 11:32 AM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Covid Covid-IR and Opt-Outs

I posted the following on the Frenzy Boards, but SACD only teams should chime in on this as well before it's put up for a vote:
Regarding Covid IR, I think it should be a separate list unrelated to standard IR. Standard IR means a player is out a minimum 4 weeks. Covid players could be out only 1 maybe 2 weeks.

Being on the NFL's Reserve-Covid list doesn't mean the player HAS Covid, it could also be that they were exposed and have to isolate for a period of time out of an abundance of caution. Using standard IR terms for these players further hurts Frenzy and SACD teams. I think we need to be really flexible to impose as little damage as possible.

I propose that we have a Covid-IR with something along the criteria below:
  • Any player listed as Reserve-Covid is eligible up until the point they're taken off the list by their NFL team
  • An unlimited number of players will be allowed on this list, if your team loses a player to the NFL's Reserve-Covid list they automatically move to Frenzy/SACD's Covid-IR.
  • Once on Covid-IR the entire players contract doesn't count against the cap until the moment they're taken off the Covid-IR list
  • 1 contract year is forgiven for players placed on Covid-IR
  • UFA's picked up as 1 year replacements at or below the Covid-IR players salary will be automatically cut without penalty the moment the NFL team removes the player off the NFL's Reserve-Covid list. Basically, pickup any UFA at or below the Covid players salary for a 1 year deal and you will not be penalized for the replacements cut when the Covid player is removed off the list by their NFL team
  • Teams will not receive cap hit relief on replacement UFA's if they either assign a replacement for multiple years OR bid above the Covid players salary.

As for Covid-Opt-Outs, I propose that we have a Covid-Opt-Out squad with the following terms:
  • Any player that officially opts-out with their NFL team is eligible for the Opt-Out List (once the paperwork is officially submitted to the league. Players that officially opt out cannot reverse their decision at any point and are out the entire 2020 season.
  • An unlimited number of players are eligible, however, they MUST be on your roster the day their Opt-Out becomes official with the NFL (ie no FA pickups to stash on Covid-IR)
  • Players placed on the Frenzy/SACD Covid IR list are out for the entire 2020 Season
  • Their contract will NOT count against the teams cap for 2020
  • Contract years must be assigned by the Frenzy/SACD team prior to be eligible for the Covid-Opt-Out list (teams can declare years , then place on the list)
  • 1 contract year is forgiven for players placed on Covid-IR
  • Contract years WILL toll (meaning if a multiple year deal they come back in 2021 with 1 year less and normal applicable salary increases)
  • If a player is on a 1 year deal, they will be RFA eligible in 2021, else they become a UFA
  • If a team needs to cut a Covid-IR player at some point to make room with contract years on their roster, the NORMAL CAP HIT will apply
If the above generates support, I'll put up a poll for both leagues.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote