Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Free Agency & the Waiver Wire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old December 24th, 2020, 02:31 PM   #1
predator06
Feeding Frenzy

predator06 is on a distinguished road
Caution INVALID MOVE Activate TE George Kittle, SF from IR to Active

please play lol

Last edited by Preds; December 24th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.
predator06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: INVALID MOVE Activate TE George Kittle, SF from IR to Active

Kittle had to be activated by the start of week 15 games and wasn't.

There are only 2 possibilities for Kittle after failure to activate or extend him last week. He is either a Free Agent as per the rules (for not being activated or extended after his most recent extension expired at the end of week 14) or he was auto-extended and remains on IR weeks 15 and 16, which I'll add is NOT in the rules, and I mentioned would NOT be permitted back on November 21st and AGAIN on December 2nd (which prompted you to extend Kittle 12/3, thus you can't claim being unaware and as such why I'd be against leniency). Remember, it's the OWNER's responsibility to manage their rosters as per the rules. I don't want to be a jerk, but at some point there has to be accountability for owners ignoring rules.

Commish Jim, can make a decision here, but IMO Kittle should be a UFA, and regardless is NOT eligible to be activated week 16.

Last edited by Preds; December 24th, 2020 at 05:14 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2020, 05:26 PM   #3
wchmego
Feeding Frenzy

wchmego is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
Kittle had to be activated by the start of week 15 games and wasn't.

There are only 2 possibilities for Kittle after failure to activate or extend him last week. He is either a Free Agent as per the rules (for not being activated or extended after his most recent extension expired at the end of week 14) or he was auto-extended and remains on IR weeks 15 and 16, which I'll add is NOT in the rules, and I mentioned would NOT be permitted back on November 21st and AGAIN on December 2nd (which prompted you to extend Kittle 12/3, thus you can't claim being unaware and as such why I'd be against leniency). Remember, it's the OWNER's responsibility to manage their rosters as per the rules. I don't want to be a jerk, but at some point there has to be accountability for owners ignoring rules.

Commish Jim, can make a decision here, but IMO Kittle should be a UFA.

FWIW I dislike the extremely harsh penalty for this rule. I think we should evaluate it after the season.

Rick
Cell/Text: 719-237-0354
wchmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2020, 06:11 PM   #4
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchmego View Post
FWIW I dislike the extremely harsh penalty for this rule. I think we should evaluate it after the season.
The rule was intended to be harsh when it was implemented by design so as to keep teams accountable and not force others to have to babysit other teams rosters.
Old December 24th, 2020, 06:57 PM   #5
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchmego View Post
I posted the same thing in rules discussion thread...I think the player should go to active roster first rather than cut, and give the owner at least 24 hours to adjust if need be.

Not all new rules we pass work out to be good rules. This is one I personally have come to really dislike
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2020, 07:35 PM   #6
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher View Post
I posted the same thing in rules discussion thread...I think the player should go to active roster first rather than cut, and give the owner at least 24 hours to adjust if need be.

Not all new rules we pass work out to be good rules. This is one I personally have come to really dislike
FWIW, even under that scenario Bees had an issue as he was at 18 players AND would be above the cap with Kittle automatically activated week 15.

It's NOT our job to babysit rosters, especially those of teams that have been in the league for several years. I get helping out the newbies the first year or 2 as we want them to understand all the nuances, but do not support babysitting veterans.

It's the ONE thing we ask owners to be accountable for. Manage your roster within the rules so nobody else has to do it for you.
Old December 25th, 2020, 04:01 PM   #7
predator06
Feeding Frenzy

For what’s it worth, I never have nor do I currently understand the IR rules. Any actions I have taken were due to a suggestion by another owner. Whatever the rule book says is fine with me. Cut him I don’t care.. Unfortunately, as a veteran, I don’t have the understanding to manage my roster spreadsheet. I guess I still need babysat
Old December 25th, 2020, 04:10 PM   #8
predator06
Feeding Frenzy

I’d like to thank the owner that has been babysitting me and wanted to show everyone my lack of ignoring the rules. I think it’s pretty shitty to call me out when I do try to the best of my abilities

Sat Nov 14th
Reed's time on IR is up. You'll need to move him to active or he'll be automatically cut at start of games tomorrow

Ty. I've never had anyone on IR

Thurs Dec 3rd
Reminder to post extension for Kittle on IR. Just post in IR tracker thread to extend for 2 weeks. Looks like there's possibility he may return as early as week 15. That would be a huge boost for you.

Ty. I have a hard time understanding those rules still. I hope he comes back.
Old December 26th, 2020, 02:37 PM   #9
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road

I dislike the current IR. Much prefer the old way like SACD still does. We've seen multiple times since we've had these IR rules where there are multiple points of confusion. We use the roster app to manage our teams, but IR timelines are not tracked there. Tracking in multiple places just leads to more confusion IMO. I definitely don't like the whole make a decision or drop scenario. I think it's utter BS and can harm a team more than any other rule.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote