Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old April 9th, 2004, 10:26 AM   #1
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road
Default Duce heading to the Valley

inline imageDuce Welcomed Back to the Fold

Duce Staley met the local media Thursday after finalizing his new contract with the Nittany Dodgers. Duce and the Dodger front office appeared equally excited about the signing.

"We’re happy to have Duce back with the club," said Dodger GM Brian Giel. "He was an integral part of the club, under previous ownership, when the Rabid Garbage Dogs made their way to the championship game in 2001. We liked what he did for the club, and we think his post season experience will bring a ‘winning attitude’ to the team. We are in dire need of that after last season."

Staley was also excited to get the team back to their previous winning ways.

"I think the team has great potential. There will be no problem with me and Tiki sharing the load. We’re two of the best receiving backs in the game, and we can both tote the rock. I think the team is looking at bringing someone young in too to spell us, so I think we’ll be primed to go all season long. Me and P-Ram were running through some plays this afternoon, getting a workout in. I also watched him toss the rock to P-Rice and Gonzo. We’re going to be stretching the field this year. Teams gonna have ta watch out, baby."

Sources inside the organization would not confirm if the team is done if the free agency market for now. "We’re still looking at some of the RFA’s. Obviously, if they can be had for the right price, we’d love to bring them in. We also like some players who will be available this summer, so you never know what can happen," the unnamed source said.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote