Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy Newswire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 16th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #1
The Immortal Ramirez
PredsFF.com Portal News Reporters

The Immortal Ramirez is on a distinguished road
Default Frenzy News: Week 2 Preview

This is Tank D’Season welcoming you back. Week two now faces us with even more questions that week one. Week one had our hopes sky high. Week two has two major questions: will the studs of week 1 remain studs, and will the NFL studs who stunk in week 1 wake up? Burning questions I’m here to answer for you. By the way, is that tailgate ribs I smell…love football season.

** Week two roster page is not available, so if I pick someone (generally last week’s roster) you are not starting, my apologies.

Freedom have their second consecutive road game as they travel across the Pacific to face Opihi for their home opener. Some will right the ship, while the other will face a tough 0-2 division start to the season. Freedom is hoping C-mart will continue his dominance, while hoping McAllister wakes up and performs as expected. They also lost Charles Rogers for the season and will possibly plug in new addition to the team, David Terrell who had a monster week 1. Opihi on the other hand is hoping both his RB wake up, since Garner and Henry both had sub-par weeks. Holt should return to #1 WR status this week. Mason should also do well against a weak Colts secondary. Both Leftwich and Bulger are hoping to rebound from a poor week 1 as well. Nail-biter of the week: Freedom pull the upset due to riding the RB.

Soap Box Derby Cars travel to Liquid Swords. Cars are looking to make sure both these teams are 1-1 at the end of the weekend. Peyton Manning is looking forward to playing anyone other than NE. Cars are also hoping Stephen Davis wakes up from his 40 yard week 1, especially against a KC DT that allowed Quentin Griffin to run all over them. Brian Westbrook should once again have a good game against a weaker Vikings DT that will be concentrating on TO. As with last week, I’m still not sold on the Cars WR, except Darrell Jackson – too bad he faces TB this week on the road where Seattle doesn’t play well. Crumpler dominated in Atlanta and Miami will struggle a little in Cincinnati. Swords on the other hand will once again keep Culpepper chucking the pigskin left and right against green Philly DBs. Ahman Green should post another great week since Najeh is still dinged up – which gives Ahman more carries. And even Kevin Jones should run well against Houston DT. All three WR will put up half decent numbers, but I don’t see any break-outs this week. NE should crush any faint hopes Arizona has of an upset this week, while McMichael should have a good week – because either Miami QB will be doing the dump-off passes. This also will not be a blow-out one way or the other. I see Swords putting a hurt on the Cars, dropping them to 0-2.

I don’t know how the Waste pulled off back to back home games, but they may have wanted to leave that advantage until the end of the season. They welcome the Mutts this week, while looking for their first win. Jersey Toxic Waste will keep McNabb in the starting line-up against a Minnesota backfield that allowed ancient Testeverde to throw for over 350 yards. Edgerrin James will have a tougher week against Titan DT. George on the other hand needs to either get things in gear or realize he’s waiver wire material. Muhammad will have increased looks now that Steve Smith is out, so expect he and Wayne to improve over week 1. Heap and Wilkins will also post solid weeks. The Wonder Mutts are looking forward to Brett Favre playing the Bears – who he seems to always pick apart. Dominic Davis dispelled any thoughts of splitting time and should enjoy going against a weaker Lions DT. Dillon, as well, proved the rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated while he attacks the Cardinal line that let Marshall run them ragged. McCareins and TO should both put up nice numbers in good match-ups. Rice, on the other hand, may find himself on the bench this week. Gates is still a good match up, but Philly will have a tough time containing Minnesota’s potent offense. I see the Wonder Mutts dropping their first loss of the season to the Waste.

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers visit Happy Valley and the Nittany Dodgers. Matt Hasselback is not going to get out of his funk against the TB secondary. This means the Chasers will rely on Marshall Faulk to come up big once more. Tyrone Wheatley has to be talking with his team mate Jerry Rice, in knowing his days as a starter may be numbered. Chasers were stunned that Randy Moss had 27 yards…no, that’s not a typo…27 yards. Yes, he did have two TD’s, but this week Chasers need over 100 from him with a couple of TDs. Freddie Jones is about the only target McCown has, so I see him having another good week. Dodgers, who lost a heart-breaker last week, will be putting forth Pennington again in a favorable match-up. But the roars we heard last week were not the Nittany Lions, but Dodgers since Duce Staley lost out on three TD touches to Jerome "I got one whopping yard" Bettis. Barber and Staley both have tougher match ups this week. Dodgers WR’s should get them some points, but I don’t see a ton of double-digit scoring, with best option being Burleson since Philly will double cover Randy Moss. Gonzalez will show his mettle against Carolina while they concentrate on a man named Priest. Pittsburgh is a sleeper this week since the Browns copied how the Steelers stopped Jamal Lewis last year. Dodgers will get revenge for last week and drop Chasers in week 2.

The Urza Ragers are on their second consecutive road game as they meet the Bloodsucking Insects in the Bay Area. The Ragers once more are looking for Michael Vick to open things up, but yet again, I say he’s all risk = all reward. Jamal Lewis will post over 100 yards, but will not have a break-out week since his passing game is pathetic. Fred Taylor, however, will have a much better outing this week. We’re not sure who will replace Galloway this week, but we feel both Moulds and Chambers should post pretty decent numbers. The Insects are looking for McNair to light up the week Colts secondary. Status of Shaun Alexander is still up in the air (talk about your conflicting reports). The Giants of NY are not looking forward to facing Clinton Portis, who will run well. Coles will be the beneficiary to the Giants stacking the line and should have a solid week. Robinson will be limited in TB. Worse yet, the Insect lost Steve Smith. This will be tough shoes to fill. Winslow showed he will be a great pickup this year as a main target of the scrambling Jeff Garcia. This game is a tough one to call in not knowing who all will be playing (who replaces Galloway and Smith). But, based on all other details, I see the Insects wrapping up their second victory of the season.

Finally, the Parkwood Predators have also snuck in the schedule back to back home games. This time the Indiana Undead are the visiting team. I deem this game, Battle of the RB. Priest Holmes and Thomas Jones vs Ladainian Tomlinson and Kevan Barlow. Barlow’s numbers will improve once Beasley returns to the line up (possibly this week). Jones, on the other hand, may have a tougher week – Packers shut down Stephen Davis on MNF. It’ll be Brooks vs Harrington at QB. Harrington has the better match-up here, but I’m still not sold on him, especially with Rogers going out again. Which leads to the WRs. Undead has an amazing set of Harrison, Bennett and Chad Johnson. Chad’s numbers will be down against Miami, but Bennett could post excellent numbers against the Colts. Marvin, well, he’s Marvin and will do awesome anytime. Predators, on the other side of the field, host Ward, Santana Moss and Andre Johnson. Johnson should have a good game with Dre Bly out for Detriot. Ward will struggle since he will most likely be covered by Prime Time. Santana Moss is looking to a bounce back week. Graham and Boo Williams will probably cancel each other out. And it all depends on if the Baltimore offense turns the ball over in their own end of the field to how the Ravens DT does. I have to go with the Ravens over the Bears. Parkwood actually shoots itself in the foot by having their DT go against a starting WR, losing this one to the Undead in the high scoring game of the week.

Once again, I didn’t have all the stats and that’s how I see it. Tank D’Season will once again return Tues for the wrap-up and see how we did.

Last edited by Preds; September 17th, 2004 at 06:07 PM.
The Immortal Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome back to Frenzy Review: Week 2

Wow, once again excellent work... I wish I could be so thorough covering the IFFL! This ghost writer stuff rocks. Great idea Matt!
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #3
Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers
Feeding Frenzy

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers is on a distinguished road

Great work as always! Do you do your picks for week 2 in this thread or another one? I'm just wondering if you're gonna underestimate me again so i can sneak up on Division foe #2.
Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #4
The Immortal Ramirez
PredsFF.com Portal News Reporters

The Immortal Ramirez is on a distinguished road

Brain Dead,
It's all up to you to prove me wrong again. I only post it here. If anyone wants to look they're welcome to. I just go off what I feel will happen in the week (trust me, I got beat in my CLOWNS league here -- Randy Moss, Travis Henry and Jamal Lewis bit). So, I obviously don't have all the answers (and you feel my pain about Moss, the rat fink)
Just have fun.
So, final point is, it's up to how you choose your roster and who decides to play the game this week....
Ramirez
The Immortal Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 09:30 AM   #5
Philadelphia Freedom
Feeding Frenzy

Philadelphia Freedom is on a distinguished road

Excellent work.

On a more personal note, the Freedom clearly have no idea what do when not being a huge underdog. However, if you keep picking me sooner or later you are bound to be right (at least I hope!!).
Philadelphia Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #6
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

Sam's look at these games:

Freedom vs. Opihi
The Opihi franchise leads this series 4-2, and have won the last three meetings. Surprisingly, the Freedom have averaged more points in this series, leading 99.7 to 98.5 per game. I see the Freedom pulling this one out.

Soap Box Derby Cars vs. Liquid Swords

The Liquid Swords’ franchise lead this series 4-2. Again, the loser of this series thus far has averaged more points. The Swords have averaged 113.4 points to 109.9 points for the Derby Cars. These teams have each won one of the two games the last two seasons. It’s the Derby Cars’ turn to win.

Jersey Toxic Waste vs. Wonder Mutts

The Wonder Mutts lead this series 4-2, and have won three of the last four meetings. The Wonder Mutts hold a slight edge in scoring, 95.6 to 94.4 for the Waste. The Mutts continue their streak this week.

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers vs. Nittany Dodgers

This series is tied at 3-3, with the Dodgers holding a 10 points per game scoring edge. The Dodgers have scored 122.5 points per game to the Chasers’ 112.4. The Squirrel Chasers have won the last three meetings. The streak ends this week.

Urza’s Ragers vs. Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects

The Insects dominate this series, having won 5 of the 6 meetings. They have outscored the Ragers 117 to 104.3 on average. The Insects continue their domination this week.

Parkwood Predators vs. Indiana Undead

This series is tied at 3-3. The Predators won the first two meetings, then the Undead picked up the next three victories. The Predators won the final meeting last year in week 10. The Undead have averaged 115.5 points in the series to the Predators 118.4. The series is streaky, I give the edge to the Predators to win their second in a row.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #7
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittany Dodgers
Sam's look at these games:

Freedom vs. Opihi
The Opihi franchise leads this series 4-2, and have won the last three meetings. Surprisingly, the Freedom have averaged more points in this series, leading 99.7 to 98.5 per game. I see the Freedom pulling this one out.

Soap Box Derby Cars vs. Liquid Swords

The Liquid Swords’ franchise lead this series 4-2. Again, the loser of this series thus far has averaged more points. The Swords have averaged 113.4 points to 109.9 points for the Derby Cars. These teams have each won one of the two games the last two seasons. It’s the Derby Cars’ turn to win.

Jersey Toxic Waste vs. Wonder Mutts

The Wonder Mutts lead this series 4-2, and have won three of the last four meetings. The Wonder Mutts hold a slight edge in scoring, 95.6 to 94.4 for the Waste. The Mutts continue their streak this week.

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers vs. Nittany Dodgers

This series is tied at 3-3, with the Dodgers holding a 10 points per game scoring edge. The Dodgers have scored 122.5 points per game to the Chasers’ 112.4. The Squirrel Chasers have won the last three meetings. The streak ends this week.

Urza’s Ragers vs. Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects

The Insects dominate this series, having won 5 of the 6 meetings. They have outscored the Ragers 117 to 104.3 on average. The Insects continue their domination this week.

Parkwood Predators vs. Indiana Undead

This series is tied at 3-3. The Predators won the first two meetings, then the Undead picked up the next three victories. The Predators won the final meeting last year in week 10. The Undead have averaged 115.5 points in the series to the Predators 118.4. The series is streaky, I give the edge to the Predators to win their second in a row.
nice writeup Brian!
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote