Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Rules & Bylaws
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old November 25th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Failure to submit lineup penalty...

I would like to discuss, and then potentially put out vote to change the penalty for failure to submit a lineup.

1st time warning is good enough

But 2nd-nth times, giving the team a 20 point penalty just seems off...without valid lineup, they are most likely losing, so what does losing an additional 20 points do?

I would vote to have some kind of rookie draft pick penalty. Either to lose a spot in a round, depending on how many time you have neglected to submit valid lineup. Even if you submit a lineup, but submit one with several players on bye or injured. We have seen both this year.

I would say 2nd offense, lose one spot in rookie draft 1st round. So you have 1.1 pick, you drop to 1.2, and 1.2 moves to 1.1. 3rd offense, two slots. 4th offense, 3 slots. ETC.

Thoughts?
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #2
pacificscrub
SAC'D

pacificscrub is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Failure to submit lineup penalty...

Seems like we only have this problem when an owner is likely to drop out anyway or is having problems getting onto the website on a regular basis (see Flax last year, apparently Shep this year). I'm not saying Shep is leaving, but I've noticed his absence in another league we're in as well. I know he travels a lot for work, so I'm wondering if life is intruding on his fun.

As far as the penalty, I think we'll end up waiving a lot of those penalties for when new owners take over teams, but I guess I'd be ok with it.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #3
PencilGeeks
General Member

PencilGeeks is on a distinguished road

I've never liked the rule about submitting a line-up every week, even if the previous week's line-up is valid. So I think line-ups should carry through week to week without penalty..

Having said that, if a line-up is invalid, and a valid line-up is possible (eg. there are players on the bench that are not out/bye/etc that could go in the line-up) then then the commish could manually submit a valid line-up (maybe based on higest seasonal point total).

Most FF sites do this auto-magically in the interest of good competition and to prevent teams from just bagging it and leaving in line-ups that are full of bye-week guys or players with busted twigs..

"They got exits covered. All the exits underground.
I wish I could figure it out. But the world's upside down" - Foals
PencilGeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Agreed about using same lineup, to not HAVE to hit submit each week. It actually does do that automatically, if none is submitted, then it uses previous weeks lineup. For the most part, that is not the issue. Its when the lineup contains 5 bye week players. Also, the inactivity of the coach and not planning for bye weeks causes an imbalance in the league.

But I have no problem in you proposing to changing the rule, that if the same lineup will be used, not to
HAVE to submit it again would not be cause for warning or penalty, provided it is indeed a valid lineup.

I really do not want to add more work, in that I would have to check each lineup auto submitted, to make sure it looks valid though. I have enough to do managing MFL. It really is not that big a deal to go into MFL once a week, and click submit.
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote