Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D Free Agency & the Waiver Wire
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 27th, 2020, 11:12 AM   #1
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

emerald is on a distinguished road
Thumbs Up PK Joey Slye Carol **SOLD To Mutts for 100cb/1 yr**

100 cb's

Last edited by Liquid Swords; November 29th, 2020 at 10:21 AM.
emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2020, 11:23 AM   #2
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

Default Re: PK Joey Slye Carol

I am designating Slye as my covid replacement for Baltimore PK Justin Tucker.

If the Baltimore - Pittsburgh game is played then I don’t need Slye but if not then I will use Slye as my kicker.

I will assign him a 1 year contract.

My perception of our covid replacement rule is that I don’t need to make room for Slye’s 1 year.

Is that correct?
Old November 29th, 2020, 10:17 AM   #3
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PK Joey Slye Carol

I think you need to post a corresponding thread to put Tucker on COVID-IR to make this valid.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2020, 10:20 AM   #4
Liquid Swords
Frenzy and SAC'D

Liquid Swords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PK Joey Slye Carol **Pending COVID IR Designation**

My bad. Thought this was an actual replacement but just replacement pending Tuesday's game is actually played.
Liquid Swords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2020, 10:32 AM   #5
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PK Joey Slye Carol **Pending PIT/BAL Game**

Actually John BID on Slye on 11/27, and won the bid 11/28 before game time. You cannot use him as a Covid-IR replacement in this case without first placing a player on Covid-IR. Otherwise you have to make room for him on your roster.

Posting a substitute replacement is only for cases where bidding is closed and there is no other option for an emergency replacement on your roster to substitute for a Covid situation or list as a backup in the event a game isn't played.

In this case John needs to either properly roster Slye IMO.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2020, 10:04 AM   #6
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
Actually John BID on Slye on 11/27, and won the bid 11/28 before game time. You cannot use him as a Covid-IR replacement in this case without first placing a player on Covid-IR. Otherwise you have to make room for him on your roster.

Posting a substitute replacement is only for cases where bidding is closed and there is no other option for an emergency replacement on your roster to substitute for a Covid situation or list as a backup in the event a game isn't played.

In this case John needs to either properly roster Slye IMO.
I guess I don't understand this? He has to wait until game gets cancelled? By then, all other players available will have played - so he can cherry pick the best score to replace? I think its best to put it out there before the player plays his game, which John did, right?
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2020, 10:46 AM   #7
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Butcher View Post
I guess I don't understand this? He has to wait until game gets cancelled? By then, all other players available will have played - so he can cherry pick the best score to replace? I think its best to put it out there before the player plays his game, which John did, right?
Bidding was still an option on Friday and John placed a bid and won it on Saturday. On Saturday bidding wasn't an option. From that point forward if a team has no roster replacement they can then pickup whomever is available and not under bidding for an emergency replacement or substitute replacement for a situation such as the Pitt/Baltimore game. Further, once a players game has started they wouldn't be eligible for an emergency replacement. Thus from Saturday until game time an emergency player can be picked up without penalty for just that week (unless Covid-IR rules are used to replace a player placed on Covid-IR). I know it's complicated, but we discussed ages ago about this emergency type situation klicking in on Saturdays once bidding for the week has stopped. Again, John bid for Slye on Friday., He can't then come back the next day and declare him an emergency replacement and ignoring that he had won the player and must properly roster or cut him at that point..
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2020, 11:16 AM   #8
emerald
Feeding Frenzy

So I cut him and picked up Gano as covid replacement before NYG game. I took the hit for Slye cut and will get Gano’s points if Balt-Pitt game is cancelled and Tucker’s points if it’s not.
Old November 30th, 2020, 11:57 AM   #9
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
Bidding was still an option on Friday and John placed a bid and won it on Saturday. On Saturday bidding wasn't an option. From that point forward if a team has no roster replacement they can then pickup whomever is available and not under bidding for an emergency replacement or substitute replacement for a situation such as the Pitt/Baltimore game. Further, once a players game has started they wouldn't be eligible for an emergency replacement. Thus from Saturday until game time an emergency player can be picked up without penalty for just that week (unless Covid-IR rules are used to replace a player placed on Covid-IR). I know it's complicated, but we discussed ages ago about this emergency type situation klicking in on Saturdays once bidding for the week has stopped. Again, John bid for Slye on Friday., He can't then come back the next day and declare him an emergency replacement and ignoring that he had won the player and must properly roster or cut him at that point..
Ah ok..gotcha...that makes sense...I should have looked at dates...thanks Mike
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote