Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > Feeding Frenzy - Fantasy Football League > Frenzy League Chat
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old April 13th, 2002, 08:12 AM   #1
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road
Default Getting to Know You...

Philadelphia Freedom
Veteran
Member # 6

posted 03-15-2002 12:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the influx of new owners it seems like now would be a good time to introduce (or re-introduce) ourselves. I am 26 years old and have been involved with FF since ninth grade. I graduated from Grove City College in Grove City, PA in 1997. I have been working in the insurance industry since then.
I have been married for about a year and a half and I am presently pursuing my MBA (part-time) at Drexel University in Philadelphia. That covers the major stuff. As for FF, I am the commish of my local leauge and have won it the past years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 80 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Nittany Dodgers
Rookie
Member # 18

posted 03-15-2002 12:54 PM
I am 28 years old, born and raised in the St. Paul Suburbs. I am married with a 4 month old son, and 4 year old step daughter. I work for a major bank in the corporate trust area, but I am only biding my time until I get the perfect offer to become a sport writer (no calls yet).
I have played fantasy football since senior year in high school. I have comished the league off and on, never won, but I'd rather have fun with it than win (thats what I tell myself to numb the pain from constant losing anyways).

Posts: 54 | From: Maplewood, MN | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Parkwood Predators
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 03-15-2002 01:28 PM
I'm 34, married for 10 years, 2 kids (both boys) ages 6 & 9. Born and raised in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY.
For the past 15 years I've managed a group medical practice that specializes in Dermatology, we have 3 docs and about 22 employees.

I've been actively involved in Fantasy Football since about 1994, have won 2 championships (the most recent in 2000) in the 14 team redraft league I commish (NF-FFL). I've also won a couple other championships in a few other leagues and should have won this won last year if I could have gotten past a first round upset! I usually try to focus on 2-3 leagues at the most each year, more than that gets kind crazy (for me at least)!

--------------------
2001 Feeding Frenzy
East Division Champions
Best Regular Season Record (12-2)

Posts: 218 | From: Hamburg, NY | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Parkwood Predators
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 03-15-2002 01:34 PM
Hey Dodgers, we'll make a writer out of you... you can do game write uos on our league each week !

--------------------
2001 Feeding Frenzy
East Division Champions

Nittany Dodgers
Rookie
Member # 18

posted 03-15-2002 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Parkwood Predators:
Hey Dodgers, we'll make a writer out of you... you can do game write uos on our league each week !

Don't tempt me. If I had any web site management ability at all, I'd never do anything but that all season long. As it is, I busy myself with the assingment of historian and record keeper of my 12 year league. Each week I update with various single game, yearly, and lifetime records broken. We'll see how things progress.

Posts: 54 | From: Maplewood, MN | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Brain Dead Squirrel Chasers
Rookie
Member # 7

posted 03-15-2002 02:05 PM
I'm 24 recently graduate college. I'm a grunt at a small power device company and this will be my 3rd year in fantasy football. I played fantasy baseball and basketball with friends since high school. I commish a local league with a bunch of friends which I really enjoy. Everyone is very active and we have alot of fun. Last yere there were 12 of us and we play for an end of the year Dinner where the top 6 teams get treated to Dinner by the bottom 6 teams. Also the winner gets a Trophy(the silver cup) to hold for 1 year. But that's not the best part........the loser(last place finisher) gets to wear a specially made t-shirt to our dinner(this year it was hot pink). Sometimes just not finishing last is good enough.........
Some pics from our dinner.

*Side note, I would have been champ in this league had it not been for Ricky "small hands" William's fumble in week 16 where consquently the Saints were getting blown out and he was benched. I only needed 1 more frickin point(4 or 5 more yards!!!) but I'm over that now.........#^%@%^%#@&@*^!$%!

Well, I look forward to another playoff run in Feeding Frenzy League. I know during our draft last year alot of the owners were active but once the season started(and FBG board died) alot of interest and activity was lost. I hope that doesnt happen this year because I really enjoy this format. I think its very challenging and I look forward to stealing that trophy from Frank this year.

--------------------
2001 Feeding Frenzy regular season scoring champ

Posts: 37 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Parkwood Predators
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 03-15-2002 03:14 PM
There's no question the league suffored last year when we lost our forum at FBG. With the new permanent home I'm hosting and setup we shouldn't have that problem this year. Let's keep that activity level up!

--------------------
2001 Feeding Frenzy
East Division Champions

Wonder Mutts
Member # 3

posted 03-15-2002 03:44 PM
Hey guys. I'm your commissioner for the Feeding Frenzy. I'm 25 yrs old, married with 4 dogs (St. Bernard, German Shepherd, and two beagels). My wife is a politician and we're both very involved in local government. I also own a technology for disability services company. We have a Braille production division, a technology consulting firm, and a hardware/software production and development division (refreshable Braille displays, Braille embossers, voice-recognition software, etc.)
I have been involved in FF since 1995. We have a strong local money league amongst old friends from school. I was commissioner of this league for the first few years, before handing it over to another guy so I could focus on winning. (Which I have, losing no more than 3 games a year for the past 3 years and taking the championship 2 of those 3 years.)

I think the Feeding Frenzy may just be among the most competitive and challenging leagues in the country. I'm looking forward to a great year!

Detroit Wyverns
Rookie
Member # 9

posted 03-15-2002 06:36 PM
Howdy all. I'm 27½ years old, single, and
no kids that I know of.
I've got a B.S. in History and M.A. in Teaching, and I'm hardly using either degree right now, imagine that, hehe. I work a dead-end full time job that allows me LOTS of free time to peruse the internet, and I tutor middle and high school kids (in English, History, and Study Skills) part-time.
I've played Fantasy Football for 7 years now,
and look to improve myself each and every
year. Each year I feel my knowledge has
increased, along with the number of leagues
I play in each year (played in 14 last year).
I look forward to beating each of you this
coming year. Finally I must say that I like
the layout of this league and the
communication so far. Looks like a well
thoughtout league!

Posts: 30 | From: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Rookie
Member # 7

posted 03-15-2002 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Detroit Wyverns:
Each year I feel my knowledge has
increased, along with the number of leagues
I play in each year (played in 14 last year).

14 leagues?!?!? Dear god how do you find time to sleep?

--------------------

Hudson Valley Vagrants
Rookie
Member # 8

posted 03-16-2002 01:55 AM
Hello,
I'm a 31 year old, out of shape, ex-jock. Married with 2 kids. I've been in sales since I got out of college. Mike and I have been friends for 8 years. I used to call on his office. It seems like you guys are "expert" FFL'ers, but with my High School/ NAIA College football background I should have no trouble becoming the league "Dynasty" and envy of all. (Ha, Ha)

All kidding aside, I've been in leagues for 7 years and am looking forward to whooping Mike.

[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: Hudson Valley Vagrants ]

Posts: 26 | From: Staatsburg, NY | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Detroit Wyverns
Rookie
Member # 9

posted 03-16-2002 01:56 AM
Hehe, yeah. Too much sometimes. When I say
my job is boring and I have plenty of time
on the internet, I'm not kidding! Hehe, I
would always turn in lineups and such at work.
By the time I got home, I could do other things
like go out with friends, play video games,
whatever.

Royal Hawaiian Opihi
Veteran
Member # 4

posted 03-17-2002 05:21 AM
Aloha from the 50th State! My name is Jim White, and I'm another one of those former high school athletes who can still play enough to not be embarrassed, but not enough to talk smack! I started playing fantasy football 4 years ago in an online league. The next year I got invited to be in a startup dynasty league, but before the season (or draft) "started up," the league fell apart due to "philosophical differences." Being the ever-optimist that I am, I decided to find enough of my own friends to start a 12-team league. We just finished our third season, and although my team keeps improving each season, I still haven't won it all yet.
I'm 34 years old, married (11.5 years & going strong!) with 2 children (Emily is 4 and Ezra is 7). We live in Aiea on the island of Oahu (just above Pearl Harbor). I'm an ordained United Methodist minister, who graduated from the University of Hawaii (theatre major) and Drew Theological School (Madison, NJ).

I met Mike last year in another online league... and am totally looking forward to "mixing it up" with you all!

Peace!

Posts: 88 | From: Aiea, Hawaii | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

*Nick_nac*
Administrator
Member # 10

posted 03-18-2002 09:54 AM
Hello!, My name is Nick, I'm Mike's Brother (Predators), I have nothing to do with Fantasy Football other than helping administrate this board. I am 30 soon to be 31 (April 28th) I am married and have 4 kids (2 live with my X in Virginia) I live in Orlando FL and grew up in Buffalo NY.
I'll be helping out in anyway I can and have further plans to make this board better. I have a couple other "hacks" to install on the board to add some nice features. I hope you like the current board design, I designed it using the colors from the NF-FFL logo.

I will probably mostly be only talking in the "General Chat" forum about non-FF issues. If you have any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to send me a PM or start a thread in the General Chat forum. I know this boards focus is FF but feel free to talk about anythin you like in the General Chat forum.

Regards,

*Nick_nac*

[ March 20, 2002: Message edited by: *Nick_nac* ]

--------------------

Posts: 61 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Jersey Toxic Waste
Rookie
Member # 11

posted 03-19-2002 12:08 PM
Hi!!!! My Name is Kyle......I'm a 20 something and I'm a Sagittarius.....I Like Long walks in the park and someone I can talk to over a nice bottle of wine!!!........
Posts: 28 | From: New Jersey | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Jersey Toxic Waste
Rookie
Member # 11

posted 03-19-2002 12:29 PM
Seriously!!!
I'm in my late 20's and work in Manhattan and live across the Hudson in New Jersey. I'm a graphic designer and a big sports fan mostly following baskteball. My portfolio and references are available upon request!!!

Detroit Wyverns
Rookie
Member # 9

posted 03-19-2002 04:39 PM
Do you have a cute, single sister?

Urza's Ragers
Rookie
Member # 16

posted 03-19-2002 07:00 PM
Hi, my name is Richard and I'm an alcoholic. Seriously, my name is Richard and I'm an alcoholic. No no no, I might have a couple friends that are but I'm not. I'm 31 and just got a new job at AT&T working for peanuts and I know "Joe the Grunt", he is a bastard, don't do any trades with him and keep him at the bottom of my division please.
I started FF about 3 years ago and belong to one of Joe's league which we play for dinner and that is really fun. I hope to improve my team this year and kick some butt.

Posts: 26 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged

Jersey Toxic Waste
Rookie
Member # 11

posted 03-20-2002 10:31 AM
Hey Detroit,
If you're talking to me, both my sisters are taken, but I might be able to hook you up with a nice tall blond from Amsterdam!!! Her accent is a little annoying, but she's well worth it. I'll just need my usual 20% up front of course!!!

Rookie
Member # 7

posted 03-20-2002 06:44 PM
Please disregard the incoherent babbling of Richard, he's a deadbeat drunk with no social skills. Also, I would advise doing any deals with that shady bastard, he'd try to sell you your own shirt. You have been warned.

--------------------

Devil Hounds
Rookie
Member # 5

posted 03-21-2002 02:38 PM
Well it looks like I am the young one of the group having just turned 18 a couple of months ago. My name is Adam. I am a senior in high School in Erie, Ks, which for those of you who don't know, which I am sure there are a plenty of, is in the southeast corner of the state. I have be playing fantasy football since 7th grade with friends and family, but decided the past couple of years I needed something a little more competitive. I look forward to another solid year this year and years to come.
Posts: 26 | From: Erie, KS | Registered: 2002 | IP: Logged
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2002, 09:34 AM   #2
Indiana
NF-FFL

Indiana is on a distinguished road
Post My turn

I suppose it's time I introduced myself here. I'm Jeremy Morse, 26, Brant's brother-in-law. I live in Chicago and work at Northwestern University Library, digitizing their rare collections. I play autoharp in a rock band called Clyde Federal (http://www.clydefederal.net/).

Pleased to meet you all!
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote