Pred's Fantasy Football Forums

Go Back  Pred's Fantasy Football Forums > SAC'D - Shark Attack Contract Dynasty (a Frenzy league) > SAC'D League Chat
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar

Old March 22nd, 2006, 05:55 PM   #1
Doggler
SAC'D

Doggler is on a distinguished road
Default New Owner Banter

All,
Assuming it's official, I just wanted to take a second and re-introduce myself. I remember doing a mock draft with Skippy back in what, 01? It was while cheatsheets.net still existed...anyway, I got an invite to join the CDL in it's inaguaral year and accepted. It's a shame to see that league die, but that's the way it goes. I'm the one that dragged Burt into this mess when I moved to Colorado and started working at Penatrode, errr Initrode, errr Infor. I also was the one responsible for getting Keepers over here to begin with (I'm in the jaWs dynasty league with him, going on 5 years now) so it's fitting I take it over for him. It's hard to call it a 'reclaimation project' when you take over for the league runners-up but I'll definately be putting my stamp on this group players in the upcoming days, weeks, etc.

I recognize pretty much all the names in here - good bunch of owners. Hopefully you enjoy some debate, as the theme in CDL always seemed to be Preds vs. me.

Keep in mind I've got a job and a family and all that good stuff - I'm also in the middle of some of the more serious triathlon training I've ever done. So I unfortnately don't plan on living on this board. However, I'm sure I'll be around enough that you'll all wish I'd just go away.

A quick look at my roster shows me I have to address a few things:
1)add RB depth
2)sell some QBs
3)deal with a few cap albatrosses
4)acquire RON DAYNE

If you can help me with any of these issues, you'll be hearing from me shortly. Till then...
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:25 PM   #2
smsmith40
Ghost in the Machine

smsmith40 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Owner Banter

OK, if Doggler is going to get all Oprah on us. I should probably share too.

For those who don't know me, my name is Stephen Smith and I'm an alcoholic........

.....oh, sorry, wrong speech.

I'm 35, I'll have been married for 10 years on RFA decaration day. We have two lovely children, I love all three to death, but yes, I DO play FF to get away from them (j/k).

Seriously, one of the reasons i really liked the CDL is that it wasn't played by obsessive 17 year olds who spend 22 hours a day online. I also work for a living, other than that I am a GREAT leaguemate.

Oh, I also live in the UK and I am always at least 5 hours ahead of you guys. So don't expect too many reply's to that urgent trade request you PM'd me at 5pm.

So other than the fact that I don't spend all day online, I take most weekends off and the fact that I am asleep for most of the time you spend thinking about FF. I am a GREAT leaguemate.

Oh, except for the fact that because I am in the UK, I never see any games on TV.

So, apart form all those things, I feel I can be a real asset round here.

The only other things you need to remember, is that I am a huge Bob Dylan fan and I always lose to Preds

One last thing, this post may have led you to believe that I am a humorous, tolerant kind of guy, who would be hard to offend. And you would be right on almost all subjects.

Other than my nationality.

I am not a Brit, a Limey or god forbid an Englishman. I am a Scotsman. Don't get confused. Get a histroy book or rent Braveheart if you need to find out why this is important.
smsmith40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:38 PM   #3
Preds
*****istrator

Preds is on a distinguished road

Quality posts from both of you. Well Done.

Smitty, you may want to cut and past that onto the Frenzy board as well. You're gonna love the "East" Division in the Frenzy, as it consists of you in the UK (Greenwich Mean Time), Matt and I in Philly and Buffalo (Eastern Time) and Jim (Opihi) in Hawaii (not sure what his time zone is called, but he's 5 hours back of us on Eastern Time!)... a time zone swing of 10 hours between you and Jim!

Thats gonna be some hellacious flights for your players on division rivalry weeks!

Last edited by Preds; March 22nd, 2006 at 06:40 PM.
Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:49 PM   #4
Skippy the One Eyed Beagle

FYI - If you need some cheap players that will help you out I have a couple I cant renegotiate.

WR Amani Toomer 100
DL Robert Bernard 100
LB Clark Haggans 135
DB Charles Tillman 180
DB Champ Bailey 100
DB Daylon McCutcheon 100

I may be willing to part with Rudi, but would need to get something nice in return.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:49 PM   #5

Add T Jones and Greg Jones to the list of players that are available too.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:12 PM   #6
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the One Eyed Beagle
Add T Jones and Greg Jones to the list of players that are available too.
What's Thomas Jones Salary at?
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds
What's Thomas Jones Salary at?
2/990
Old March 22nd, 2006, 07:27 PM   #8
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
2/990
Send me a PM with what you're looking for, I might have some interest.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:14 PM   #9

dang preds your team sucks

what do you have in the way of picks?
Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:25 PM   #10
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
dang preds your team sucks

what do you have in the way of picks?
I have at least 2 picks in EACH of the 1st 5 rounds, 3 in the 3rd or 4th (can't remember)
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:48 AM   #11
Burt the Butcher
Supreme FF Dominator

Burt the Butcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FYI - If you need some cheap players that will help you out I have a couple I cant renegotiate.

WR Amani Toomer 100
DL Robert Bernard 100
LB Clark Haggans 135
DB Charles Tillman 180
DB Champ Bailey 100
DB Daylon McCutcheon 100

I may be willing to part with Rudi, but would need to get something nice in return.
:hijack Go take your trade banter elsewhere....this WAS an Okra moment.......

:burt out
And no ones got the time

OUT---
Burt the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 01:15 PM   #12

just make me a trade offer
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:26 PM   #13
Doggler
SAC'D

A couple of observations/comparisons to CDL - please clarify if I am misunderstanding.

1)Releasing players hurts more in SACD due to 20% of this years salary being applied (as opposed to 10% in CDL)

2)The salary increase structure is nicer to cheap players and more painful to stars than it is in the CDL, which leads me to believe that there would be downward pressure applied on the prices we should be willing to pay for said stars.

3)The presence of a taxi squad might actually make the first few 5th round picks more valuable than the last few 4th round picks.

4)Don't ever miss a deadline or else you're screwed for life.

5)Jack may not have paid a lot for his car insurance, but he sure paid a lot for his QBs and IDPs.

6)Eventually both our taxi and practice squads will be nearly full

7)The typical prudent dynasty move of not drafting rookie WRs because they take so long to develop doesn't as much apply here - most every WR that might ever be anything is usually on someones squad.

8)That Willie Parker sure is fast.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:10 PM   #14
Nittany Dodgers
Feeding Frenzy

Nittany Dodgers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggler
A couple of observations/comparisons to CDL - please clarify if I am misunderstanding.

1)Releasing players hurts more in SACD due to 20% of this years salary being applied (as opposed to 10% in CDL)

2)The salary increase structure is nicer to cheap players and more painful to stars than it is in the CDL, which leads me to believe that there would be downward pressure applied on the prices we should be willing to pay for said stars.

3)The presence of a taxi squad might actually make the first few 5th round picks more valuable than the last few 4th round picks.

5)Jack may not have paid a lot for his car insurance, but he sure paid a lot for his QBs and IDPs.

7)The typical prudent dynasty move of not drafting rookie WRs because they take so long to develop doesn't as much apply here - most every WR that might ever be anything is usually on someones squad.

1) True dat, though maybe I shouldn't answer because I've never read the CDL rules.

2) Huh?

3) True, unless the player you wanted in the early 5th round was taken in the late 4th round.

4) Kinda. I think we're working on that. The problems the Frenzy expeienced early in its life that lead to some of these rules have since diminished and I think we are moving away from a totalitarian regime.

5) Yep. (Who's Jack?)

6) Definitely. In the Frenzy, after a few years of this structure, there are tough decisions every year of who to keep on your Taxi squad, who to activiate, and who you have to cut. Well, except for the practice squad because we just came up with that last year, but eventually that will be the same as well.

7) Yep.

8) FWP, word.
Nittany Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:28 PM   #15
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:

1. SACD has a Hard Cap and Soft Cap period. From April 1 till October 31st, it's the Hard Cap period, and any cap hit applies 100% against the current season (thus the full 20% cap hit plus any signing bonus penalty if it was a multi year deal). On November 1st, we transition into what we call the Soft Cap period, which splits the cap hit in half, with half against the current season, and the other half against the next season (like the CDL was year round).

2. Yes, SACD has a 10% salary increase for all contracts each year (plus any applicable bonuses earned each year for drafted players). CDL
was a flat 1 million increase (200 million cap) per player. What Doggs is saying is that in CDL, a guy paid say 50 million would go to 51 million the following year... if SACD's cap was the same, it'd be a 10% increase of that 50 million, thus 55 million in SACD, giving the annual increase more of an impact on the higher salary players. On the other end of the spectrum, in the CDL, since all contracts went up 1 million each year, a guy making the minnimum of 1 million in year one, would get 2 million in year 2, a 100% jump in salary, whereas in SACD, that same player would get 1.1 million in CDL dollars the following year. So yes... big long term contracts can be painful, whereas locking up a cheap diamond in the rough for a few years has serious merit (though remember the 5 year max contract per player at any given time).

3. Ask Dodgers what he did to me in the late 4th last year, I had 5.1, he snagged injured TE Kevin Everett in the late 4th just to keep him from hitting my Practice Sqaud. Shrewd move by Brian!

4. As Brian stated, we've relaxed the rules as participation has increased, and will continue to look at things from a good of the league view to not be totally inflexible.

5. Nice Gieco reference . FTR Brian, Jack = Keepers (whose team DOggs is taking over), friend of Doggs from another league.

6. Yep, you'll either need to promote or release each year. That's what the system is designed to do.

7. Most any player of potential gets drafted, but you'll still find some gems on the wire each year as well, especially as teams lose patients or unheralded FA's make an unexpected impact.

8. FWP=OVERRATED. There I said it... care to challenge the issue?
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #16
Doggler
SAC'D

So....how does one go about making a helmet?
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #17
Preds
*****istrator

Quote:
So....how does one go about making a helmet?
Making one is too much work.

Just go to http://helmet-depot.com and pick one out (about 500 to choose from)